Wha, Xenogears? On Acid?!

Tensei

Heh, sorry about all the stuff that was going on with this song. The Xenogears WIP forums are kind of dead so I've decided to post a small portion of the song here anyway (don't worry, it's legal this time =P). The feedback I need is mainly on the production, this being my first semi-electronic mix and everything. I'd like to hear some suggestions on adding some more airy atmosphere, etc., I think you get the gist.

It's a remix of the vocal song Stars of Tears, the vocal melody being played by the piano (which in the future will be sang by the charming miss DragonAvenger =P). I've aimed for a down-tempo, mellow arrangement, sort of a combination between acid jazz and trip-hop. I hope you like it.

ReMix: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/files/qccd-Stars%20of%20Tears.mp3

Original:

Production is pretty close i'd say. I think the hats are a little on the quiet side and should come out a bit more, or at least have a higher frequency boosted, since the effects added have dulled them ever-so-slightly.

The string hits need a bit of humanization, and the fluteish lead needs a bit of stereo panning, it's too far right at the moment and should fill more of the sound field.

I'm digging it. It's groovy and hip.