Composers Requested For Original Anime Project

bcproject

All questions about the viability of this project aside, wouldn't it be easier to have only a few composers working on this so you get something like stylistic consistency in the soundtrack, rather than a somewhat random collection of mp3s? I mean, even a little indication of the style you want the CD to be in would help a lot.

A fair portion of profits from the CD. ... hopefully people will buy the CD.

A fair portion meaning what? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but you gotta think this kind of thing through and make sure you TELL people what they're getting into. Many an amateur has been sucked into making music for projects like these and nothing ever comes of them. The more detailed you are with this kind of thing, the more likely people are to help you.

You're not ready. I'm telling you that you're not ready because I've looked at your work--what you've created so-far--and I know, because I've been there before.

So even though I'm telling you now that you're not ready, I'm also wishing you good luck on your project.

Not luck in success of your project, because it won't be a success, but luck for what you'll learn on the way.

Never let anyone stop you from being driven and never stop biting off more than you can chew.

Just, try not to let anyone down, especially your team members. They're your crew--your family--your brothers in arms. Because of this, never promise anyone the success you hope to achieve, their reward is the experience. Yes experience in the way we think of having learned something, but also in a profound sense. The experience of the process, the experience of the creative interaction.

Respect of this experience and of your team members is fundamental.

Therefore it is vital that you do not use your brothers needlessly. Do not ask them to raise money for your project. Do not ask them to raise money for your project. Respect them as individual artists without whose creativity the project would not fluorish.

Do not make mass appeals for dozens of artists to raise money for your project--this is not respect.

Animation is an expensive and time consuming process. I know this because I've done it and because I have friends who do it (some for a living). You will spend your first 10 hours of animation producing less than 15 seconds of a scene. It will suck. It will suck and you will be proud of it because you will have finally realized the accomplishment of something so small.

That is the experience. That is what you achieve.

Good luck,

Ok, I guess I can kinda see where you're goin with the whole "I gotta make sure you're into it to get music that fits" thing, but wouldn't make a lot more sense to drop the test thing? Isn't that a bit extreme? First off, you'd get about 90% more support for your project. After that, you could sift through the songs you get and find ones that fit. Obviously, the people that have read the script will probably have the most fitting ones so what do you have to worry about? People who are interested will read the script. Almost all of those people won't want to bother with a 50 question test.

Also, if this does get turned into an anime, I assume the composers will catch a cut of the profit from that as well?

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with DarkeSword on this. When the introductory speech has about 20 instances of the word 'I' it can't bode very well for the rest of it, especially if you add to that the number of animu cliches that were present in the first 5 pages. I really can't see any composer wanting to read through 30 episodes of this before he even has a chance of getting on the project, professional opinions by renown critics like "stink_beetle" and "rgn7028" aside.

My suggestion is you write up a summary of the 30 episodes, with relatively brief character descriptions added (if you haven't already), and have anyone interested take a look at that, I think that's a much more reasonable proposition.

If you're trying to set me straight by quoting a lot of positive reviews, good for you, but seriously, your work is filled with anime clichés; trust me, I know anime clichés. I watch lot of anime and read a lot more manga. It isn't unique; quite the opposite; it takes everything you like about anime and mashes it together.