Liontamer

Your ReMixer name: Psycho Scapegoat

Your real name : Steven Creaney

Your email address : psychoscapegoat@hotmail.com

Your website http://scapegoat.selfip.com

Your userid :17266

Name of game(s) arranged : Megaman X

Name of individual song(s) arranged : Storm Eagle Theme

Having played Metal for years (see links below :P ) I always wanted to hear this song much heavier. I’ve heard versions, but they didn’t quite have the thrash that I wanted. I’ve been working on this song for just under a year, having submitted 2 previous songs (neither were much good lol), I wanted to take my time and really work on this. After building up my equipment and learning a few tricks, I decided to take another stab at submission.

Other work:

http://www.myspace.com/thegreatshowdown

http://www.myspace.com/psychoscapegoat2

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=mmx - "Storm Eagle" (mmx-16.spc)

Once the track picked up at :08, the EQing felt like there was something substantial missing in the highs. Not sure if that was a sour note in the chorus at :20. Also can't shake the feeling that the rest of the chorus was skipped at :28 & 1:06 because it would have been too difficult to perform, but that's ultimately neither here nor there. :tomatoface:

Otherwise, the performance was still solid for a first sub though not overly strong. The original section from 1:26-1:55 was a bit aimless, but that's alright; it was at least a good idea in altering the dynamics of the piece. The soloing section at 2:02-2:36 was a mess. The sequenced electric guitar came in abruptly, sounded cheap, and was buried in the murky soundscape. Also, it was peppered with wrong notes that didn't mesh with the rhythm guitar playing Storm Eagle's foundation at the base of the track; mostly from 2:10-2:17, with 2:25-2:36 ending on a stronger note.

Though I thought the textures were a bit bland, and that this wasn't intense enough to be considered metal, this was still a fairly decent rock mix. With better production, this could be taken up a few notches, perhaps to a passable level. Good base so far, Steven; sincerely hope you'll consider resubmitting this one. Use the ReMixing and Works forums to ask for help on improving your work and showing off your tracks for fan feedback in the future.

NO (resubmit)

Recording is pretty good, drums have got nooo punch, especially for a rock track. The low end is really boomy on my studio monitors, which means that on any other speakers, you aren't going to hear anythign else. Yeah, it's boomy.

Compositionally, the new material is great for the dynamics of the track and the solo is good. However, the cover aspects are a little bit of a drag because they are simply the original, but simplified harmonically, mainly because the bass doesn't separate from the guitar voice.

Lots of potential with this one, but please fix EQ, and maybe tweak arrangement.

NO

Reeeeallly lacking in hi-range. Drums sound really weak, and the bass and lead aren't playing nicely with each other; that is to say, they sound mashed together. You need to think more about how they balance with each other; EQ will help with that.

This piece also really feels like it's lacking something; I dunno, maybe you need some better harmonic support instead of just rhythm guitar. Maybe comping piano? This sounds more like a rock piece than metal, I don't think the piano would be out of place. Something bright.

In any case, synth guitar comes in out of nowhere and really doesn't work at all in the rest of the texture.

Needs work, but not a lost cause. Think about clarity and how you can tweak your production to give everything more definition.

NO