Wanted: Somebody to play acoustic guitar

Hausdog

To this song (word of warning--it's 16th notes at 150 bpm):

http://freewebs.com/gbawesome/anotherone.mp3

The guitar part starts at 51 seconds. The sheet music can be found here: freewebs.com/gbawesome/LuigisMansion.png If you can make it sound like the MP3 but better, you are a beautiful human being. If necessary, I can slow the song down a little bit to meet the player because it would sound better live and slower than fast and sampled.

Thanks so much!

Not meaning to demean any of the classical guitarists around here, but I don't think it's physically possible to play this at 150 BPM. I can tell you that's pretty fast for single-note runs on an electric guitar, let alone finger-picked double-stops on a classical guitar.

That's what I was afraid of. Would it still sound good a bit slower? Or should I deal with a sampled guitar?

Try writing a melody for these parts at a quarter of the speed, and then write a harmonically accurate up arpeggio for the other three notes. You can get this speed, just not in the way you want.

You want to have the player playing the melody say, with his thumb, then you want to have the index, middle, and ring finger playing chords.

Analyze some classical guitar music.

Try writing a melody for these parts at a quarter of the speed, and then write a harmonically accurate up arpeggio for the other three notes. You can get this speed, just not in the way you want.

You want to have the player playing the melody say, with his thumb, then you want to have the index, middle, and ring finger playing chords.

Analyze some classical guitar music.

or have zyko figure it out =)

or have zyko figure it out =)

Was that an offer to play guitar for me? Because if so, thank you very very much! You're amazing! And also, I don't mind if it's picked. Now that I realize it, strumming in one direction THAT FAST is indeed basically impossible.

So I'll have to change the arrangement? Well, that's good to know. BUT! Before I do that, would these speeds be achievable by picking with a pick? Because it could still sound good, if a little bit harsh.

I'm not very experienced on a guitar, but from the little I know, it'd be easier to fingerpick than use a pick. I know that if I have individual fingers already hovering over individual strings, I can hit those strings in sequence faster than I can move my fingers from one to the next.

I'm not very experienced on a guitar, but from the little I know, it'd be easier to fingerpick than use a pick. I know that if I have individual fingers already hovering over individual strings, I can hit those strings in sequence faster than I can move my fingers from one to the next.

Really depends on how you look at it. Single note runs of sixteenth notes aren't that hard to perform with a pick at 150 bpm and I'm pretty sure most people here could pull that off. I know it's possible to do this with fingerpicking as well, but I'm afraid there's just not that many mixers with awesome classical guitar skills around here.

• 2 weeks later...