What's up with google-analytics?

The Legendary Zoltan

If you use Firefox as your web browser, download an extension called No Script. It will let you allow/disallow certain scripts that usually run on a particular site. I have google-analytics disallowed on the OCR site and I don't have any problems. Truthfully, I don't remember a time going on OCR without No Script. It works on a white list type of system, so you allow certain scripts and it will remember it the next time. Black listing would just be unintuitive and annoying.

• 5 weeks later...

I registered for one reason and one reason alone.

What did you do to your HTML!? It sucks! Please put it back.

I used to be able to navigate this site with no problems, and now my entire browser locks up like it has a bad case Tetanus whenever I click a link, any link, no matter how trivial.

This is so annoying I am seriously discouraged from visiting what was once a cool site.

Google analytics is used to track data on the site, like page views, traffic sources, referring sites, etc. I've never had a problem with the site on IE, though. Could be a browser issue with Firefox I suppose.

Actually I'm using IE6

(yes, I know there are more recent versions (i.e. IE7), but they use more system resources and I prefer v6).