My first submission

Lunahorum

If you really can't find some permanant hosting solution, you can attach it to the sub e-mail.

In all honesty, if you've just downloaded the demo and have never used FL before, unless you're some kind of ultra musical and technical genious I don't suppose theres much point in submitting it. Theres a 99% chance you'll get a form rejection, but I may be wrong, I haven't heard it yet.

If you're serious about remixing, demos won't do. Get yer wallet out and learn whatever you get inside out. Theres plenty of guides in these forums on budget remixing.

In all honesty, if you've just downloaded the demo and have never used FL before, unless you're some kind of ultra musical and technical genious I don't suppose theres much point in submitting it. Theres a 99.999999999999999999999999% chance you'll get a form rejection, but I may be wrong, I haven't heard it yet.

fix'd (and plz round up!)

Here it is. It is a little weak on the bass because I mixed with the bass boost on, but I can't do anything about that now. I already closed FL studio. Feedback would be appreciated. I am just a beginner so please note the mistakes that are blind to me. Thanks.

EDIT: is ableton live any good? I just heard about it. I've tried fl, reason, and sonar. They are all good, but FL studio seems easier to use. Simple instruments and effects with auto clips. The only thing I don't like is when you record an automation, it records to channel automation in piano roll instead of a "seeable" automation clip. I do not like the wiring on the back of reason at all. Can't see what the hell is going on. I love sonar's ease of viewing everything though. It's nice.

http://h1.ripway.com/max97230/995922-untitled.mp3

If you have the cash, try to get both Reason and FL Studio, both are probably the easiest to get into of all the DAWs I can think of. Reason might seem a bit overwhelming with all the wiring but it's really easy to get a feeling for it, and the little guy comes with a rather decent sample/preset database, unlike similar programs (coughFLstudiocough), I actually found it easier to learn than FL Studio.

FL Studio on the other hand can handle most of the VST/ VSTi, recording, sample editing and midi i/o needs that Reason can't, so they complement each other quite decently and are well able to cater to all the needs of the fledgling mixer, without getting too complicated.

Anyway, next time post this in WIPs :)

Yes you should try Ableton Live, many folks love it. It has a free demo.

Your remix has some nice musical ideas in it, but it's pretty thin both in terms of arrangement and the synth sounds themselves. The percussion sounds really cheesy and overly simplistic. I'm also guessing it makes heavy use of FL Studio presets (don't really know what they sound like myself), which the judges usually hate :P But it sounds like you have a good ear for arrangement, so I hope you'll keep at it. Most ocremixes take WAY longer than 5 hours to create.