Tyrian: Camanis WIP

Koiu Lpoi

What I got when I downloadded was the same as I got from x-treme games music. Check the file and post again.

Check your internet and download again. The file at http://koiulpoi.googlepages.com/camanis.mp3 is remarkably different from the other one. Perhaps since they're both called "Camanis.mp3" your browser is duplicating one from the cache? There's no way they're the same file at all - I've never been to "x-treme games music".

The source is kind'a interesting. There's a Secret of Mana remix that has a similar rhythm to it.

As for the remix, the first thing that bothers me is the key change at 0:07, not cool. I know it's in source too, but it sound awful. See if you can add an intermediate key there, or just change the first section to fit it. I've had the same problem, the delay carries over into the next section, which makes the notes clash.

At 0:50, I've found myself listening more ot the backing synths than the lead. Good place to start mixing from. get that right and the rest should work. I dunno what remix tools you're using, but a cutoff filter automation would work nicely here, take the attention off the backing synth.

Sounds like there's a soft square wave synth somewhere too, bring that up if it doesn't become more audible with the backing synths softer.

Overall, this is really repetitive, and while the source track is too, that's not an excuse. See if you can vary the soundscape by leaving out the backing synth and using some other part to fill up the background, a soft pad, like the one you've already used to fill the low range.

Source content vs original content... Argh! I can't, honestly judge that, the backing piano vs the backing synths are too distracting for that. Plus I should leave something for other ppl to say, too. :D

And you need an ending. I was expecting at least one more note there. But overall, this holds some promise. Mixingwise, each track sounds okay to me. Balancing them with each other, and making it less repetitive comes next. And an ending! :D