*NO* Super Mario Sunshine 'Xmas in Delphino'

djpretzel

Not too much of a remake, as the instrumentation (namely, the guitar and flute) follows the original quite similarly, albeit with a toned down tempo. The sleigh bells lead off very predictably, and soon becomes overkill with the loop droning on throughout most of the mix. The cut at 1:41 is too abrupt, bringing the entry of strings that create a "churchy" touch, but are too prominently awkward along with the bells. The choiral pads flow nicely in the background, but could have been more noticeable.

It'd be cool if you could liven this up with juxtaposing leads and maybe even a solo, because the product just feels boring, although I suppose you could say that's partly due to a present lack of holiday cheer. I'd actually be curious to hear this without the sleigh bells and as a deliberately ambient / mellow piece. But for now:

NO

It's about... *checks watch* 3 months late, but that isn't a reason to reject a song.

The sleighbells really shouldn't go on throughout the ENTIRE song, although they are the only percussion in there. The guitar sounds like crapola, and I think it's a default FL sample (perhaps I'm wrong), but it's not bad enough that I'd say "NO" based on that alone.

All in all, this song is pretty boring. The flute and choral pads, like Coma said, are nice, but I found myself yawning a whole lot while listening to this. The ending was nice... unoriginal, but nice.

Mmmmmmmmm.... I'm gonna have to go with

NO

• 2 weeks later...