Sign in to follow this  
Liontamer

OCR ID3 tagging improvements - DONE!

183 posts in this topic

MP3 tagging/encoding programs from ye olden days were just weird. There's not really any involved explanation other than some programs added weird metadata, and that'll be taken care of in the new torrents. Someone who's familiar with the quirks of programs used in 2000-2003 might know the actual answer.

I picked up 2 of the newer songs from the site today:

ReMix: Suikoden 'Days Long Passed, Seldom Remembered' http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02410/

and

ReMix: The Legend of Zelda 'Zelda Heineken' http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01845/

One of these has album art and a different album name from the other. Is this normal? I know the older torrents had this issue, but I thought the new mixes had a format or something.?

We are in the process of retagging older mixes to fit our newer tagging conventions & album art; a torrent will be released when this activity is complete.

Will any of the older album torrents be updated?

examples:

Kong in Concert's torrent is actually .WAV files. Not the mix of .mp3 and .flac files the most of the others.

Relics of the Chozo simply has a .rar file full of .wav files.

Many of the earlier albums are definitely inconsistent in their formats and tagging. Liontamer mentioned that he may go back through the old albums and retag them to the new standards in place once the main site remixes are done. Don't hold me (or him) to that, though.

On 3/29/2012 at 9:28 PM, KyleJCrb said:

Many of the earlier albums are definitely inconsistent in their formats and tagging. Liontamer mentioned that he may go back through the old albums and retag them to the new standards in place once the main site remixes are done. Don't hold me (or him) to that, though.

This'll happen one day. I've made some good progress.

Also, for the next torrent update, I'll be including Release Date, as well as Artist Sort Order for the few artists whose handles begin with A, An, or The.