Submission Information:

Name of game arranged: Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Name of song: Hyrule Castle Theme

Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Jake

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=loz3 - 05 "Majestic Castle"

An unusual approach to the Hyrule Castle theme, keeping the melodies mostly intact and offering a boatload of awesome drums and backing effects, without adding much new melodic content (though there is some). I thought it was fine as an approach, clearly reminiscent of the original while forging a new path. There are some fantastic sounds in this mix, I adore those evolving backing synths that enter at 2:55.

YES

This is ridiculously awesome. It threw me a bit at first because the great syncopated bit from the source wasn't present, but there was so much other new stuff going on that even a line i'd have normally feature in my mixes was gone, it worked really well.

Halftime sections were absolutely brutal, I loved it.

Production just made it all that much better. Crisp and punchy, with some great slightly distorted drum sounds.

yes

I think Jake might be a half brother to Beatdrop and Tefnek. :<

When the beat dropped ~:50 man, it instantly pumped me up. I'm only half way through the song, and I'm toe-tapping hardcore. Really phenomenal electronic take on a source that I wouldn't expect for it, honestly. I love it when people just surprise you in such a way. Unexpected is really awesome sometimes, and this is such a time.

It's loud, but everything sounds *clean*. I say it that way because naturally there's some sick-dirty textures in here that demand your attention and then rape it :lol: (I mean that in a good way.)

I suppose if I only had one gripe, I did get a little tired of the lead porta-synth, almost kind of a hoover sound. But that's pretty minor.

Awesome song Jake, hope to hear more soon!

YES

Guess I'll be the lucky man who gets to close this baby then!

This theme is actually my little sister's favorite VGM theme of all time and damn man, way to bring it up a notch. The beat's huge. The synths are huge. The swells are huge. Hyrule Castle is huge. Your e-penis after this has been posted will be huge.

Production is crisp and clean, arrangement expands the original by just enough and it's a very dynamic piece. Minor repetition be damned, the track's just crammed full of awesomeness. I congratulate you in effectively melting faces and hope you melt many more faces in the near future!

YES GET!