MBA student startup reaching out to OC ReMix musicians for feedback

GamerVeda

Hey everyone,

My name is Kyn Chaturvedi, long time OC ReMix fan, first time poster. Currently, I'm doing my MBA and am working on a startup business that is an online marketplace focused towards custom music.

Formerly a game developer, I have worked with a number of professional sound studios on various games, but couldn't always find the right teams to work with on many of my projects. Having been an avid gaming music fan I knew of the tremendous talent on key "underground" sites and wanted to approach individual composers but could never get the 'go-ahead' from my bosses because it was considered 'risky'.

Acknowledging this issue and the tremendous hidden musical talent that exists, my business partner and I are building a service that we believe will be able to successfully connect paying clients, that have sound needs, with musicians in a way that is beneficial to everyone.

The key for us is that we design the system keeping the musicians' needs in mind. We want to provide a platform that helps musicians build reputation, protects their work, and pays. So, we have been reaching out to individuals in order to better understand the composition process and how work opportunities are currently sourced. We hope to use this information to better refine our model in order to make it as friendly and appealing as possible.

Zircon mentioned to us the other day that it would be worthwhile reaching out to the OC ReMix community on this. Being a fan of what OC ReMix and the musicians here represent, we are incredibly psyched to actually be reaching out to you guys. We would really love and appreciate an opportunity to speak with you regarding your passion and what we're working on.

If you'd be up for a chat please feel free to PM me or respond here and we'll take it from there!

Thanks a lot everyone. Keep those awesome tunes coming!

Best,

Kyn

Mp3.com use to be a site that really benefited musicians. I was able to hear lots of new music and easily purchase or download it for free if the artist chose to give it away for free. As a consumer, I want a service that puts good music right in my face. Mp3.com did that.

It went bankrupt after a lawsuit over this online music locker service they offered.

Here's a link to what their site looked like ...

http://web.archive.org/web/20020531114503/http://www.mp3.com/

Mp3.com had a service where the artist could have CD-R's sent to consumers with their music and still retain a fairly good profit (around 50 % if i remember correctly).

I'm very sad that it is gone because it was literally perfect for me. I also really like to be able to look through different genres of music. There was always something to be found.