Hi, folks. :tomatoface:

I asked about making a thread for the album I am working on to keep people updated and get some feedback, like any other normal project thread, they said to put it here. I basically want to keep people updated on the happenings instead of doing it secretly. I'll be posting 2 finished songs here that will be set to post before the album comes out, or whenever the panel gets to them (could be 2 years after the album comes out!) and the rest will likely be 30 second clips.

And some bloopers, out-takes, and other goodies, like this choir recording for Embrace the Night.

• First off, here is
    which will be near the beginning of the album and has already passed the panel to be posted!

• Secondly, here is
    which is a collaboration with Cheryl Norfair on female vocals. It has been submitted to the panel but I have pretty good hopes it'll make it.

In conclusion, I won't share the track list because I might submit other songs to DoD. That just gives you MORE REASON to subscribe to this thread. You can also follow my progress on Youtube, and twitter following the hashtag #shadetheday (older tweets aren't showing, no idea why)

That is all! Hope you enjoy!

Trailer:

Tracks Revealed:

Aquaria - Lost to the Waves

Portal 2 - Exile Vilify

The Nomad Soul - New Angels of Promise

Xenoblade Chronicles - Beyond the Sky

Max Payne 2 - Late Goodbye

Guild Wars 2 - Fear Not This Night

Embrace the Night is very pretty, I loved it in DoD. The weird effect you did on the vocals bothers me a little though (especially on the first verse), I feel it would work better if the clean vocals were louder there. In any case, it's a minor nitpick since you really nailed the folk-ish metal style for the song!

Also, in the part of the chorus, I think you should cut down the sss sound of your singing part (I know there must be a better term for it but I guess you get what I mean), it's a tad distracting.

• 2 months later...

Haven't posted an update on this in a while, but it's still a thing! No new audio samples to share at the moment, but there is new progress and news.

I've added a couple songs to the revealed list in the first post. These include:

Omikron: The Nomad Soul - New Angels of Promise. This song is fully arranged and just needs to be recorded at this point.

Xenoblade Chronicles - Beyond the Sky. This is planned as a collaboration with Chimpazilla. She would be assisting with the arrangement itself as I don't think she is comfortable with singing. I'll see if I can get some vocoder out of her too. :twisted:

Apart from that, I don't want to give too much away because I do want to do some songs for Dwelling of Duels, but I specifcally do not want to do every song for DoD because that would sour the album a bit wouldn't it?

I think I counted it out as something like 27 songs, and I'm planning to tackle each chapter individually to make it more manageable. Each chapter has 5 songs, and there's also a prologue and epilogue. Each finished chapter will be the milestones. The first chapter is going pretty well.

Edited by Brandon Strader

• 1 year later...

Over a year after there was a post here.. I believe a small bit of explanation is needed, though there should be an episode of OverClocked PodCast coming up that sheds more light on what happened. I got sick last year, that's the very very short version of it. 

Anyway, Cheryl Norfair and I have made another song for Chapter 1 of this album, the good thing potentially being that nobody from Dwelling of Duels damn remembered this thread where the song was listed as being one that I would do, so nobody reported it to the authorities and got us taken out. It's the Xenoblade Chronicles remix of Beyond the Sky. I don't have it on YouTube yet because I'm still trying to reinstall software, I basically do not have the ability to put it up... so in the meantime, here's a regular untagged mp3 -- UPDATED from the DoD version. I might update it further. Feel free to share some feedback though, can't guarantee I'll take it  all into consideration, but I'm already planning to possibly add more reverb to the vocals. 

I'm also going to refrain from saying who I am collaborating with in the future until it's set in stone. That should help avoid some awkwardness of saying who is helping and then they're not involved at all. 

In other news, still have a fully arranged and recorded remix of David Bowie's New Angels of Promise from Omikron, missing the vocals though. There's only 2 more songs left to touch in chapter 1, a couple more to finish apart from that but which already have progress. I want to pick this up a lot better this year, so wish me luck. 

Yes, I am very strongly hoping for Season 2!

It's BrandON! But it's cool to see both the E and A version of the name in one post :D

Glad you liked the song, and very nice words. I hope to deliver more quality this year. There will be more diverse remixes from this point on. The first chapter had a lot of similar feel with the music. Acoustic guitars, backing strings or heavier orchestration. There will be a bridge of a song or two leading into the next chapter where the style begins to shift. 

I did an interview with OCR Podcast! It was fun. Here's a link: 

Thank you for the continuing interest in this album!