OC ReMix presents Seven Songs for Seventh Saga!

Liontamer

51315-1425185038.png

OC ReMix Presents Seven Songs for Seventh Saga!

March 2, 2015

FAIRFAX, VA... Swedish cellist Sebastian Freij artfully pays homage to an underappreciated RPG with OverClocked ReMix's latest album, Seven Songs for Seventh Saga. The album features seven arrangements of themes from The 7th Saga, released by Enix in 1993 for the SNES with music composed by Norihiko Yamanuki. This is the first album published by OC ReMix to feature a single instrument and to be accompanied by sheet music and

, creating an experience that is both immersive and educational.

"Like many VGM fans, I'm very fond of music from RPG's like Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Lufia and the list goes on... but for making a project as this, I wanted to choose something that hasn't been covered as much," Freij explained. "As far as I know, 7th Saga is the only game [Norihiko Yamanuki]'s written music for. The question pops up in my head from time to time: Why did he stop? I think many of the tracks have a classical touch and very interesting harmonies."

Each of the seven pieces is beautifully conceptualized and arranged by Freij for three cellos, accompanied by videos edited by José E. Felix synchronizing the sheet music to each of Freij's performances. Beyond including photography by Swedish studio Tuana with digital painting by Andrew Luers, the album was mastered by Wilbert Roget, II, who worked with Freij while composing the scores for Square Enix's Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris and LucasArts' unreleased Star Wars 1313.

Seven Songs for Seventh Saga is available for free download at http://sevensongs.ocremix.org. This album was produced to help promote the music of The 7th Saga, was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Square Enix; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

"I'm honored and excited to be releasing Sebastian's Seven Songs for Seventh Saga on OCR," OC ReMix founder David W. Lloyd affirmed. "From the classical presentation to the amazing videos Sebastian and José worked on to the availability of sheet music, it presents the essence of both arrangement and performance in a stripped-down, compelling, and immediate format, highlighting the cello itself and Sebastian's exquisite playing."

Hailing from Falköping, Sweden, Sebastian Freij has played the cello since a young age, performing for both acoustic and electric cello. Beyond his work as a cello instructor, Freij also presents workshops on sample looping, and has studied theater, dance, and sound engineering. His first love, however, is arranging video game music, and he has been an OC ReMixer since 2006, contributing 16 arrangements. Seven Songs for Seventh Saga is his first video game music album.

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###