Mega Man 3-Title Screen Rock Remix

Possessed

Hello all, first post here.  I'd like to share my rock remix for the Title Screen in Mega Man 3.  It's the first video game music cover I ever did, I did it over a year ago and I've done numerous ones since then but I thought I'd start at the beginning.  I know the production is a tad rough, but I've improved since then , both in guitar ability and production. but I don't want to share too many at once.

Just a little bit about the remixes I make.  I tend to do rock remixes of game songs that seem to already be intended for a rock sound but couldn't achieve it due to chiptunes and poor synthesizers.  I do alot of Mega Man and Mega Man X for snes remixes.  The arrangements tend to be pretty close to the originals, just with real guitars and better synths for the rest.  I don't like to betray the instrumentation of the originals, most of the synth textures are still there (just with better quality) and with guitars on top of them. I've also done "Top Man" from Mega Man 3 but I'll share that later.

Without further delay, Mega Man 3 Title Screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, I knew it, it IS pretty good! You just can't have enough MM3 title arrangements in this world.

Very rich sound, though it's muddy throughout. A lot of good ideas and sounds coming out of it, though, so I understand why it'd be hard to remove one to clear things up. You probably know that, though, considering you said you've improved.

Thanks for sharing with us - I hope we hear more from you in the future ;)

Thank you!  And yes I completely agree that it is somewhat muddy.  I actually plan on re-recording just a few of the melody lines once the "faster" section starts in with a less distorted and more 'creamy' sound to closer match the sound of the NES saw wave, that might clear things up a bit. Not going to redo any entire parts, as there are parts that were spontaneous and could never be duplicated (some of the wah-pedal screams were completely improvised and I could never do them again) But as you said, there's a lot going on, and I just don't think I can sacrifice any of it.   :)

I've updated the link to the version on my soundcloud page, which in addition to having much better sound quality is a little more current... the most noticeable difference being that it has real bass instead of programmed.

And there is more of me, I posted a remix of Top Man done much the same way.  I made it in the same time period so it still suffers somewhat from unclear sound, although it is significantly more clear than this is which is quite an accomplishment considering there's even more going on in that one than this one.  :)