Gravity - Megaman Zero 2

Aquadango

Great choice of source - the MMZ games all have great music, and yet it seems suspiciously under-represented in comparison to the more classic series. They must've been too difficult to get through for people to hear the great music that came from them, that's the only explanation.

It's a good idea for an arrangement, but the execution sounds like all the different instruments are playing in different rooms. Some instruments (like the drums) are just too dry in comparison to the other instruments, and others sound very rich and wet (like that steel string guitar at the beginning).

I hear some effort to humanizes your instruments, but that lead overdrive guitar sounds thin and sampled (even with the effects you added). I think making all the instruments have a similar level of reverb to one another would help alleviate your issues considerably.

Nice work, though - that game needs more love than it gets normally.

4 hours ago, Gario said:

Great choice of source - the MMZ games all have great music, and yet it seems suspiciously under-represented in comparison to the more classic series. They must've been too difficult to get through for people to hear the great music that came from them, that's the only explanation.

It's a good idea for an arrangement, but the execution sounds like all the different instruments are playing in different rooms. Some instruments (like the drums) are just too dry in comparison to the other instruments, and others sound very rich and wet (like that steel string guitar at the beginning).

I hear some effort to humanizes your instruments, but that lead overdrive guitar sounds thin and sampled (even with the effects you added). I think making all the instruments have a similar level of reverb to one another would help alleviate your issues considerably.

Nice work, though - that game needs more love than it gets normally.

Thanks I always appreciate your feedback. I'll be sure to make my reverb consistent. The library I used if anyone wants to know is Shreddage 2.