The World Ends With You - Calling -GUARDIAN MIX-

Ooo, you're ticklin' my ears with this - a TWEWY arrangement? They don't come often enough on here.

No vocals, but you do take this in a very interesting direction - like a happy electronic dance fused with some sax to cover the theme. The overall high energy compared to the source's subdue'd approach is pretty clever.

You've got some cool realistic instruments in here, and though the electronic elements are vanilla they do their job. The drums and percussion don't quite blend with the style, though - they just sound too light and the snare has too much 'snare' to it - it would sound cleaner with a tighter head. The overall arrangement it pretty awesome, but it does drag a little bit toward the end (it even sounds like it's verbatum repeating material at the end, there).

It's pretty cool, though - great to see people like yourself giving TWEWY music the love it deserves. You've got an interesting stylistic blend in this that I can appreciate, so nice work!

Thank you for your honest review! I'm actually glad it's pretty well-received since I normally mostly do orchestral stuff. This was something I haven't done in a while, so it was a little outside my comfort zone. A lot experimenting was done (the scratching, the sudden switch to rock, the drops)! I can see why the percussion sounds too light -- I was actually worried things would start to get messy (or noisy) because there is so much going on.

I always loop the music on my YouTube channel at least once. In this case it starts over at 3:00-ish right after the rock segment, so you're on the spot with that.

And you're right, TWEWY music is not getting enough love!