Facebook likes issues (i.e. "Asking for likes is against the law of the internet! How dare you!")

Krakozhia

I am actively upset and will be unLiking the OCR Facebook page as soon as the album is out. I'd withdraw my Like now, but I do not wish to delay the album even more for other fans.

Just unlike it right now, that's OK. (EDIT: I've done it for you.) This isn't a coercion campaign, it's an awareness campaign. Coercion is forcing someone to do something under physical or psychological duress, i.e. serious business. Putting up a menacing picture of Sigma, parodying some game quotes of his, and rallying folks to playfully pretend they're in a Mega Man X scenario to help kick Sigma's ass as a not so serious tie-in to a free upcoming Mega Man X album is NOT serious business.

Again, if doing something violates your interweb comfort zone, then DON'T DO IT. :lol: You'll live. We'll live. You're still wrong about the intent of the whole thing, and made a mountain out of a molehill. That goes for others who implied this was a spam campaign to nag people who are uninterested in VGM or likened it to a hostage situation. If you feel "coerced" we don't need or want your like, it's not that deep.

The only goal is spreading awareness for a community's hard work and creative music. We've seen, what, 10-15 people feel it's a miscarriage of justice and maybe 3 incorrectly claim to speak for a significant amount of offended people? While a truly significant amount of people, 2000+, are simply having fun with the pretend Sigma scenario. We'll stay on the "having fun" side.

Just unlike it right now, that's OK. This isn't a coercion campaign, it's an awareness campaign. Coercion is forcing someone to do something under physical or psychological duress, i.e. serious business. Putting up a menacing picture of Sigma, parodying some game quotes of his, and rallying folks to playfully pretend they're in a Mega Man X scenario to help kick Sigma's ass as a not so serious tie-in to a free upcoming Mega Man X album is NOT serious business.

Again, if doing something violates your interweb comfort zone, then DON'T DO IT. :lol: You'll live. We'll live. You're still wrong about the intent of the whole thing, and made a mountain out of a molehill. That goes for others who implied this was a spam campaign to nag people who are uninterested in VGM or likened it to a hostage situation. If you feel "coerced" we don't need or want your like, it's not that deep.

The only goal is spreading awareness for a community's hard work and creative music. We seen, what, 10-15 people feel it's a miscarriage of justice and maybe 3 incorrectly claim to speak for a significant amount of offended people? While a truly significant amount of people, 2000+, are simply having fun with the pretend Sigma scenario. We'll stay on the "having fun" side.

I think this is a good way to end this discussion.

EDIT: by ending this discussion i mean don't continue it in another thread. It's over.