*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Emerald Fiesta'

djpretzel

email sub file Sonic_the_Hedgehog_3_Emerald_Fiesta_OC_Remix.MP3 - djp

Hello!

Well, I'm back with a brand new remix. It's the second time I send something to O.C. After my remix for the Ice Cap Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog 3), I've chosen the theme from the Special Stage in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (again), for all gamers who want to feel nostalgic and remember the times when we were chasing the Chaos Emeralds... endlessly. This time, the Special Stage theme goes way high with a latin dance beat to boost the good mood of everyone still playing the games. A bit of Pablo Flores influences and the long horns sometimes bring up an old school music element. Hope you like to hear it, because I had a great time making it!

Here are the details I was asked in the site:

Remixer: SkyHigh

Name: Marco Batista

e-mail address: skyhigh1979@hotmail.com

Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Song: Theme from Special Stage

Remix: Emerald Fiesta OC Remix

See ya, everyone! Hugs, and Merry XMas!

- Marco Batista aka SkyHigh

After listening a few more times, I can definitely say that although this is an interesting take on the source, I would have liked it if there were more original ideas in here.

It has been arranged somewhat, and isn't a rip, but the re-arrangement is too conservative. Mix it up some more and this will be a yes from me for sure.

NO

(Please resubmit)

http://www.zophar.net/gym/SK+SONIC3.RAR - 34 "Special Stage"

The sounds came off pretty flat and could have been fuller and more expressive. The arrangement effort was there, but was too conservative.

The original composition ideas were good, but I would have liked to have heard other additional ideas like that interwoven with the source tune arrangement. As it stands, there's no interplay between source arrangement and your own additions.

The ending was incredibly lame & "I-give-up"-ish. Make a real one please. This would be worth a resubmission if more solid time is invested.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

This one is right on the threshold for me. It's got a good vibe, a solid execution, but it's just simply too groovy for its own good. It needs some kind of switchup. The latin-esque rhythm is present the entire time. Since it's not exactly a legit latin jam, i can't give specific advice. In my experience, variations in latin jams come in the form of switching up the 2:3 or 3:2 casscare, or switching from bongos to bongo bell, etc. I would suggest a little more study into latin rhythms. As of now, it's got that "mambo no. 5" vibe. Basically, it sounds latin, but it's actually just a dance track with bongos and timbale.

I'll need to hear more variation other than some intermittent timbale fills. Nice vocal samples though.

NO

-D

sounds like he pushed the 'latin' backing preset on his casio keyboard.

that's not a harsh insult by itself, those kinds of things are fun and can actually help you work out musical ideas.

but i really do get images of an early 90s keyboard demo with this one.

really fun, good effort.

but i agree with Dan, same change-ups are needed.

add in the conservative slant on the interpretation, and i'd say this one needs more work.

no