Movin, orchestra and metal arrangement from ff8

Hi guys !

I am working for few months on a remix of Movin from ff8. I wanted to make an orchestra arrangement with some metal sounds. For this project, I use software Final 2008, Guitar Pro 5 and magic music maker for the mixing.

So here it’s the original music,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PcnZKmyxs

And the first version of the arrangement with introduction an main theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXJPgmzR1s

The ending is still to work, I don’t yet have a solid structure. I think I will add may be 2 minutes on the final mix.

So, what do you think of the present mix? I’m open of any suggestions !

Thanks you for your feedbacks !

Bluelighter

you almost made it to the right fourm. :) but im sure the mods will move it.

the guitars you used are very bland and thin. The drums could use a lot more mixing and variety. and the arrangement (which is also my weakest point with my music) is more coverish than a remix. Length is also an issue, as u stated. too short.

There seems to be lack of bass too. I'd rethink this track a bunch. Although I do believe a metal track CAN work with that song.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the orchestra feels really sunken back and almost muted, whereas the drums and guitar seem right next to my ears, so I think it needs a bit of work as far as creating "space" goes. The other thing I would comment on is the dynamic range throughout. Try perhaps to create more of a feeling of building on top of what's already there, since that's what Uematsu sort of did with this track. When a new instrument comes, try to make it more apparent.

I like the ideas you're working with, but I'm not too familiar with the programs you're using, and I wouldnt be too surprised if Finale doesnt give you much of a choice in the sound you get. Maybe try more forte markings?