FFX - Auron's Theme

This is another theme I've been wanting to do for some time - it only plays at the end of the game when Auron is sent (or something like that)

I've turned into a groove-based tranceish piece of work complete with piano solos and all sorts of crazy automation.

It's pretty much done - just putting it up for general comments before I send it off to the judges. Let me know what you think!

update

v2:http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/prgi/aurontrance_2

link: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/jlos/aurontrance

Dunno if your should use simple synths, they make it sound a little too NES. Overall, I think you've done well in terms of arrangement. Can't judge the mixing right now, but a quick comparison between two of Blind's works and this one didn't reveal any obvious flaws, at least not on laptop speakers.

This is a beautiful piece, and I like what you've done with it. It feels like it's just the right length. It's a little too slow for my taste at first, but towards the end it's just right.

I advice you to compare this yourself to Blind's remixes and other works in the same or related genres. ALl I can say, besides what I've already said, is that I like it. It's cool. In more than one way.

please please PLEASE change the drum kit! please! i'm actually a fan of this but the drums are easily recognizable as presets. also, this piece could use a bit more dynamic spectrum, there aren't any real high highs or low lows, i.e. none of the instruments stands out at any point. its kind of a wall of sound if you will. I agree with everyone else arrangement is good, but working on the dynamics and drum set would make it sound better. and maybe the bass synth too, that seems a bit tacky to me. its good though, nice work :nicework:

please please PLEASE change the drum kit! please! i'm actually a fan of this but the drums are easily recognizable as presets. also, this piece could use a bit more dynamic spectrum, there aren't any real high highs or low lows, i.e. none of the instruments stands out at any point. its kind of a wall of sound if you will. I agree with everyone else arrangement is good, but working on the dynamics and drum set would make it sound better. and maybe the bass synth too, that seems a bit tacky to me. its good though, nice work :nicework:

He doesn't HAVE to change the drumkit...just use a different form of distortion and maybe layer some diff. samples with it :P But yeah preset stuff is one of my downfalls too x_x

First of all, thanks for the comments, but I have one question: which presets are you talking about? The drums come from various sources...a few drum breaks, a few cds, kavala, etc...I've done all of the processing myself.

They definitely aren't "drag and drop" although I suppose I've done my job well if you think they are presets! :)

Anyway, I've updated the piece, changed some stuff around, mastered it, and am about to send it in...just a few more comments before the judges NO it...:)

Link: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/prgi/aurontrance_2

First of all, thanks for the comments, but I have one question: which presets are you talking about? The drums come from various sources...a few drum breaks, a few cds, kavala, etc...I've done all of the processing myself.

They definitely aren't "drag and drop" although I suppose I've done my job well if you think they are presets! :)

Anyway, I've updated the piece, changed some stuff around, mastered it, and am about to send it in...just a few more comments before the judges NO it...:)

Link: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/prgi/aurontrance_2

woah okay then u may shoot the guy who suggested that then lol. Yeah u musta done a good job in order to make em sound like presets rofl.

Well, I kind of understand what you are saying...but, I mean, there are only SO many ways to make a trance untz untz and have it still be a trance untz untz.

If I added a DnB set or even more hats or something else crazy, it would almost lose its feel, at least that's how I see it. Then again, perhaps a crazy dnb break is the way to go...screw genres! :)