Video Games Live @ San Francisco, CA

Upthorn

They closed with the standard OWA, and then came back out for a rocking Castlevania encore.

Yeah, they did it again. They ended with the Castlevania arrangement.

Speaking of VGL@SF, I was a bit disappointed at the turnout. You guys wouldn't believe how tempted I was to shout encore for the Castlevania song, but I didn't think I have a chance and enough people to start a decent wave with

Last night was great. The concert was wonderful. It was unfortunate that we couldn't make a sort of rally point for OCR members to go to meet up at. I did at least get to meet two members, Lizz and Upthorn, and it truly was a pleasure to meet them both.

I really would love to say "see you guys there next year", but that won't be possible since I will be moving out of state at the end of the year.

To those of you in California that I met before that I won't see at the Socal meetup or any other meetups happening this year, it truly was a pleasure meeting all of you and I hope that we do see each other again down the road.

ps- lol at lizz's mom. "loser!". haha your mother is awesome

Did anyone yell "LEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOY!" when the WoW stuff started up? Someone did at our show, and I expect it's common.

Yes.

What was worse was the cheers over the WoW footage on the projection screen but silence at warcraft 3 footage.

Sad that most of the people that play wow have no idea what the backstory of the game is.

Yes.

What was worse was the cheers over the WoW footage on the projection screen but silence at warcraft 3 footage.

Sad that most of the people that play wow have no idea what the backstory of the game is.

Warcraft 3 got as many cheers as WOW did here.

What pissed me the shit off was the immense amount of cheering Sonic Adventure and the 3d Sonics got. The 2d ones got modest applause, but nothing compared to the 3d.

Although the most applauded game was Sonic Spinball...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVU7Wz97WW8

And here's what they closed with (again, they said it was the first time they've done this tune live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMS8eOjdMpc

yeah take out the lead guitar and they've done it before, also the arrangements of them are more akin to the "Nazo2(supposed to be squared)project"

though the very last part of it i don't recall, so maybe one part of many?

it's cool that they're doing it, it's honestly my favorite segment and only saw that segment once (out of seeing the show 3 times now). i just wish more of the show was changed up.

I thought their One Winged Angel lacked another guitar and a few cellos. Otherwise, the orchestra did well for their size. I was still disappointed though.

I didn't like how Martin Leung played Chrono Cross' Time Scar. I suppose I was expecting more grace and note value for such a song. I don't know.

Also, where was the love for John Debney @SF? Love his Lair OST and his other works. Oh well, can't blame people for not having a PS3 (expensive). By the way, anyone heard me yelling when Debney and left?

I dunno... I can't really criticize that piano at all. He did an excellent job, and looked like he was having fun while doing it.

And we probably heard you yelling. It wasn't the biggest auditorium after all. I think the funniest quote was when the show didn't start like it was supposed to and someone yelled, "Blow on the cartridge!" That was great...

It's probably the piano Martin played on that I hated then. I'm not exactly musically literate, but I could have at least used a better word than grace for Time Scar. Like that song needed grace (well, for the 2nd half it didn't =D). I suppose note value it is.

And I doubt they'll do it but I suggested Hideyuki Fukasawa to them. Hopefully if and when he gains more recognition in the U.S., he might get an arrangement played at VGL.

Warcraft 3 got as many cheers as WOW did here.

What pissed me the shit off was the immense amount of cheering Sonic Adventure and the 3d Sonics got. The 2d ones got modest applause, but nothing compared to the 3d.

Although the most applauded game was Sonic Spinball...

Welcome to the world of "you're showing your age." Kids today haven't played Sonic before Sonic Adventure DX on GameCube and Mario Sunshine. They don't know wtf Super Mario Bros is without a DS port and they damn sure don't know about "Mario Bros" or how it was included in Super Mario Bros 3.

They don't know what a Final Fantasy is anymore, or probably ever. And they'll never know the whole story of Metal Gear, nor will they care.

The WoW thing, however, is unexusable to me, really. Granted Blizzard is butchering the lore to begin with, but the sheer number of people who simply ASSUME lore (see: the horde is EVIIIIIL).

But that's almost a given with how Blizzard set up the game. WoW is nothing more than trying to down the next end boss and get new items now and most of the people who actually have access to the coolest parts of lore within the game content would be trying to kill or achieve whatever goal if it had nothing to do with warcraft at all.

It's a waste of, what was once, a good storyline on people who'll never appreciated it.