Wizardry - Why does it suck so hard?

Mordi

Got any tips for me? I don't know what I should do to improve my tune. Its only a small mix of the sounds I have, not a full song.

It sounds so cheesy. So unprofessional. I'm new at FL, so I don't know all the tricks, but I'm slowly learning.

http://www.willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=13496

I forgot to mention: It's going to be a remix of Wizardry (Commodore 64).

It "sucks so hard" because you've used pretty simple waveform synths. More envelope and modulation effects on it. And with that, I don't mean random flangers and phasers, I mean cutoff stuff. I don't use FL so I dunno what synth tools you can use, but look up the guides&tutorials and the FL subforums in the ReMixing forum for more info.

Another reason it "sucks so hard" is the bass drum is alone. Layer a bass on top of it to make it, well, better. The backing synth playing those three different notes per beat, it doesn't have to be as loud as it currently is, and it also could use more complex waveforms, a more advanced synth, simply put.

That should get you started. Best for newbs is to play with whatever tools they've got until they can make it sound okay, and then try for a serious remix or original, tho that doesn't mean you'll have to stay away from here, as a number of newbs have put together pretty neat remixes with help from these forums, being/having been one of those newbs myself. Good luck!