Ninja Gaiden " Emulated" PART 1 re-done ( NES)

Emulator

you'll find my "original " mix of this track on here..under Remixer name: Jose Acosta.. i decided to go ahead and try again with the track to spice it up a little.. hope you all like this one.. i have currently submitted it to OCR and awaiting approval..but you can catch a glimpse of it here.. hope u like.. comments welcome

http://www.vgmix.com/download.php?mode=song_hifi&band_id=279&song_id=149

• 3 weeks later...

Single-earphone quick feedback - I'll give you more when I'm at home and have my headphones. I'll also compare it to your previous version, and to source then.

It's minimalistic, but melodic and groovy enough to just need some backing instruments, rhythmic ones, whatever the equivalent of a rhythm guitar is in this soundscape. An evolving pad or one with a set rhythm, maybe a strong tremolo might work.

It's also kind'a repetitive, so you should make it different towards the end. Vary it more, either the melody, the rhythm, or the soundscape.

I don't think this is enough for a re-approval. It's really not much more than a sound upgrade, when it could be so much more. It's slower, and it has a few extra sections, but it's very repetitive and the main sections don't have much to add to source. Sorry man, I don't think it's a yes.

Mostly, it's too empty and repetitive. Since 2002 the standards have risen more than this song has improved. Good luck tho!

i really appreciate all the feedback, you guys are great.. only thing is i guess i'll stick to remixing on a personal level... i do it for plain and simple fun and to play songs from my favorite old games.. if its not enough.. i guess i should just quit.. standards are pretty high i guess as u mentioned...i'm just a guy who can play a few chords , do a few beats ..but guess they're too simple for the standards...ill probably, strive and try a little more..but the end result , if my mixes are just not acceptable, is retirement from the community, and ill just be a listener..would never stop coming back to OCR though.. thanks guys..