ZANAC "re-emulated" 2008 version

Emulator

you can find my original version here on ocr.. under remixer name : Jose Acosta..

i decided to re-do some of my old work..spice it up a little.. i did the same thing with my old ninja gaiden mix from back in 2002 and spiced it up to my 2008 version.. hope you all like.. comments welcome

http://www.vgmix.com/download.php?mode=song_hifi&band_id=279&song_id=248

Intro has a really retro feel that I enjoyed. And those colorful phase sweeps are cool.

2:0X solo surprised me. At first, it felt too original, but I keep hearing stuff I can tie to source.

Overall, I can't compare the 2002 version to something this much better. One thing tho, I think it lacks a grande finale. It takes a minute before the bass drum comes in, so it sets up the track to be a "big" track. But intro+2:21 and no big finish or long beautiful fading aneding?

Awesome job. I didn't notice much of anything that was iffy and I enjoyed the overall feel of it. I'm with Roz on this one though. the into also caught me of guard and made me think that this was gonna be a longer song than it was, so I was surprised again when they ending came along. Very good start though, can't see to much more that needs to be changed.

one note..in response to your feedback about the grand finale and all..

i forgot to mention that..another reason i didnt make it longer..as it seemed i set it up from the beginning to be a "big" track as u mentioned..is cuz i didnt wanna drag it and bore people..i think that a game remix shouldnt be much longer than 3minutes 4 mins max.. thats my only reason for not having made it much longer and added more on to it ..:) still i hope u guys liked it :)..more work to come

I know what you mean. I've heard a number of tracks that started off great, progressed good, and kept going decent, but the time they've reached the grande finale, I'm already bored with it, and want the dang thing to end.

Then again, "re-emulated" falls into the opposite ditch: it starts off decent, turns good, but doesn't have the length to finish great. Cutting 10-20 seconds from the intro and adding half a minute of finale, grand or not, would balance it out.