PRC114: Worshipping rocks? What in Magvel...! (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Rexy

The People's Remix Competition 114

PRCv5-10

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition! PRC113 saw just as big a response as PRC111 thanks to some StarTropics coverage being sent in all directions. And amidst the strong turnout, newcomer setokaibarocket sent a surprising first trance adaptation that impressed the majority of the personnel here and gave him the win.

Weirdly enough, we have had to wait over the weekend before he could send a source tune but we got one anyway. We're going back to the Game Boy Advance this time, albeit we're looking at an established Nintendo franchise that never saw the light of day outside Japan until it saw some promotion in Super Smash Bros Melee. Any RPG fans in the house?

prc114.png

Seto didn't send a description of the piece, but he DID send an apology:-

Argh, i'm really really sorry man! i was offline for the weekend and didn't know when it had to be submitted by before then.

Once again, please forgive my very belated reply; I'll remember to be much more punctual in future. Thanks for being so patient :D

Mind, I still managed to analyse the track myself. Though I have yet to play a Fire Emblem game, I seem to already recognise the theme enough by an interpretation of the Rekka No Ken version from Xenon Odyssey on OverLooked ReMix a couple of years back. Still, this variation's got enough additional material to be considered a stand-alone track in its own right, so that's good enough for me.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - Main Theme

GSF (library) | MIDI | MP3

This better be the last time we face a delay by this degree. Still, this will also mean that I'm not willing to offer time extensions either, so be on your toes, gentlemen. >.>

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT TUESDAY, February 26th at 4:59 am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifée's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifée, and we'll help you out.

Well you can still try. There's 8 hours left and I'm sure something can be done at this rate. Heck, I thought I wouldn't finish mine either but I'm still in.

Just remember that with PRC, standards could differ from person to person. What may sound like a work in progress to one remixer may sound more like a kickass entry from another. And knowing what I've seen from you in the past, I'm sure your input would sound fine if you send it through.

The mixing stage is over. Even with the awkward timing of the contest, we've still managed to get a decent turnout, so good for you.

This is what's going to happen. You will visit the ThaSauce link and arrange all three entries from first to third with a reasoning attached to your vote. Contestants are encouraged to vote as they will get an extra three points upon doing so, but they should not rank their own entry. The vote of PRC113's winner (setokaibarocket) is doubled, so make sure you impress him. You have until Friday, February 29th at 4:59AM EST to make your vote. The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC115!

Chickenwarlord - Relic

Retsej - Earth and Fire

Rexy - Magvel at 2AM

Right, the voting stage is over. It's time we tabulated the overall winning party and see who will pick the source tune next time.

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 9

Highest possible score - 27

Chickenwarlord achieved yet another last place wooden spoon with 13 points.

Retsej majestically debuted into second place with 19 points.

And the winner of PRC114 is Rexy with 25 points!

Right, so you want me to pick the source tune for PRC115. >.> I'll go ahead and do that, and I am really sure we'll get something started on time tonight.

Still, what can I say? For a round that started late we got a pretty good turnout and I'm happy with what came through. Let's keep up the progress for PRC115. What will it be? You will see.

(Oh btw seto, that "middle eastern" instrument was "far east" (koto) and the fact that Stewart Copeland often uses it as something to compliment the baselines in some of his compositions shows one sign of my inspirations for this week :P)