Majora's Mask - The Final Day

Ghetto Lee Lewis

Hi, I'm still alive! I just have been doing very little in the way of music the last several months/years (I'm not good with time lately).

Anyway, here is a little WIP I started tonight. I'm testing a few things trying to get back into mixing.

http://download.yousendit.com/C88EDABE1E38BC9F

Yes, it's 7 day hosting, but if this thread stays active there will be updates.

About the song:

I started it tonight. I've done very little mixing, and yes, the percussion sucks ass (it's there basically as a test). This is the song that plays in Zelda Majora's Mask as the world is about to be destroyed. I didn't enjoy this game nearly as much as I enjoyed OoT, but the music in this game was actually quite good.

There ARE other sounds besides multiplied saw waveforms, but you have to listen for them. I normally hate using them, but fell back on them because I know they work. If I can get a decent arrangement going I can switch to other sounds (if they improve on what I have going on).

I haven't been active in the community lately, so I have no idea what's hot right now. Maybe someone can help me.

Cool! I've got an old WiP of this same track somewhere around here, currently waiting for me to start cutting it shorter. It's been requested a few times on the ReQuests board. Anyway, this could turn out really good. The production isn't pro atm, but close. I know you know what you're doing.

You can take a few more liberties with melody and key to give it more flow. For example, the key at 00:47 comes too sudden imo.

The problem with this source track is that it's not very melodic, so there's no clear distinction between accompaniment and melody, there's no actual lead instrument. Still, there's is the slow melody you've used, sped up, and it's probably what's the most prominent int he source.

Overall, this sounds very promising, if you're able to scavenge enough source from it to make it at least 3 minutes long. 55 seconds is obviously too short for OCR. Don't make it too long tho, it's a track that's kind'a heavy to listen to.

Dude. I was just playing that game yesterday, quite honestly I like the game a little bit better than OoT.

But about the short remix it sounds pretty good to me, you've already stated what you needed to work on.

the percussion sucks ass (it's there basically as a test).

I can tell the track is going to be nice, so just fix the percussion and maybe add some original flavor too it.

I'm working on remixing the "Song of Healing" right now, so this short remix just gave me a boost of energy. :wink: