Metroid and/or F-Zero Suite

LuckyXIII

Has anyone considered doing an F-Zero album? It'd be interesting to hear what could be done with Big Blue and Red Canyon.

And with Metroid, I know there's Relics of the Chozo, but the other day I got in my head a smooth jazz version of Red Brinstar and the Maridia themes from Super Metroid. So perhaps a smooth jazz Metroid/Super Metroid project could work?

I've been sketching on a Red Canyon track for a while. It'll probably take a while before it's even on the WiP board, but at least it exists. There's a totally hilarious remix of Big Blue already on OCR, JJT did another. You should know these from the F-Zero page.

Then there's Blind's F-Zero megamix, but I don't know where to find it atm.

As for Metroid, there's a growing number of awesome Metroid remixes, this being a good example. The Metroid series is well represented, and there's more to come.

By the way, which of the Maridia themes are you talking about?

I've been sketching on a Red Canyon track for a while. It'll probably take a while before it's even on the WiP board, but at least it exists. There's a totally hilarious remix of Big Blue already on OCR, JJT did another. You should know these from the F-Zero page.

Then there's Blind's F-Zero megamix, but I don't know where to find it atm.

As for Metroid, there's a growing number of awesome Metroid remixes, this being a good example. The Metroid series is well represented, and there's more to come.

By the way, which of the Maridia themes are you talking about?

Oh yeah, I had nearly forgotten about the Blue Vacation...but I was kind of hoping for something...different. And good heavens...JJT's version is sublime. I guess what I really want is just the original soundtrack... But a remix that takes the theme and expands on it would be cool.

I look forward to your Red Canyon mix.

And I realize Metroid has a lot of good remixes, however I have this idea in my head of a smooth jazz rendition of Red Brinstar that could go well with both Maridia themes actually.

First we hear the intro from Red Soil, but with low trumpets and sax with a syncopated ryhthm - this plays throughout almost the entire piece. Then...maybe a sax plays the flute part, jazzy though, and melancholy. Then it segues into the Rocky Underwater Area theme with the original flute part still being covered by a sax. Then it at some point the music seamlessly goes into the melody of the Drifting Sand theme.

I'm thinking kind of a Dave Brubeck style, here, and since it's underwater it makes me think of the Arabian Dance from the Nutcracker as visualized in Fantasia...

Hope that helps clarify a little..

• 1 month later...