Age of Empires 'Forgotten Empire'

Pantheon

I've always thought that AoE music deserved more attention here, So I made my first remix a classic AoE tune. I tried to blend elements of classical, rock and ethnic/tribal for my mix, and I'm very pleased with the results. Please, tell me what you think.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/aoeexpansion/sound/xmusic5.mid Original

http://media.putfile.com/AoE-Forgotten-Empire-Demo remix

Nice Pantheon. I'd kill for some of these samples that you've got. Especially the plucked one (sitar??). This is some very awesome shtuff. I think you've done this song justice in fact. Keep it up :)

Er well the guitar is kinda harsh...may want to have that played live (if it's not)...because it sounds muffled. Then again - maybe that's the intention, an ambient guitar ;-).

1/3 through, it finally changed. While cool, it got repetitive. Half way through, finally anotehr change.

You've done it really repetitive. While I dig the sound, the constant repetition quickly make this difficult to listen to, it's just not enjoyable. You've got maybe half the tracklength of material, the other half is repetition. That's really not good.

Towards the end... Argh! We've heard it!

Production is okay to my ears, except that last second volume jump, which really just clips and annoys. It's a goood idea, but execution is flawed. I can get more in-depth when you've got more content in it.

This wouldn't get on OCR. And listening to source, I hear there's more content to use from there, so you can't say there wasn't enough source material. Cut repetition, add more from source, be more creative with the source melodies... Arrangement is boring, but you're in luck - arrangement is easier than production. I wanna hear where you can take this. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

lovin it, AOE had some really great tracks, and maybe AOE2 deserves a look in.

anyways, the track still feels a bit flat mostly because of the dist. guitar... maybe add some strings to even out or another pluck to add to the main melody

keep at it !