LoZ. Majora's Mask "The Last Day"

noTuX

http://www.mediafire.com/?e195c1uxz1m

Yet another result of me messing around with Fruity Loops while intoxicated...

I only got about a minute or so done so far. I wasn't really planning on getting serious with this mix until this morning. My girlfriend convinced me to keep working on it, so I'm posting it up to see how you guys and gals feel about it.

This is a remix of "The Last Day" from Majora's Mask. Though, I never played this game before I heard the original a couple of weeks ago and I felt I just had to give it a try one day.

Excellent dude! I'm really liking this.

In the first 30 seconds there is some FX for the bass loving that. Although having a double bass or nice pad playing some low notes would really help balance out the soundfield in the intro. They don't have to be loud just something soft in the background to help round out the frequency range. Once the actual song kicks in you can go with a normal bass. Could make for an awesome transition when everything breaks out.

The guitar sound is awesome nice FX choices. The synth sounds go well too. Keep it up dude can't wait to hear more of this! :nicework:

SMALL UPDATE

I've been fooling around with the EQing a little bit.

I managed to find the original song in MP3 format, and I come to find out that the MIDI I used to make this remix sounds NOTHING like the original. :-( Its way off-key.

I tried to correct the "off key" problem, but then, things just didn't sound right to me anymore. So, I guess I'll just leave it as it is.

I'm trying to decide which pad to use for the low notes but I can't decide between the hundreds of choices yet.

I really like the sound. The bass sound is great. The drums feel a bit poorly panned, the stereo soundscape overall is a bit... unbalanced. But the sound is good, albeit a little empty towards the end.

If you're going for a relaxing, laid-back kind of sound, you should soften a lot of the rhythmic stuff,they're a bit too sharp. If you're going for something sharper, you should sharpen some of the softer bits, give the track more drive. Personally, I think this would be a great laid-back track.

Then, the source... If this is the last hours, it's a little hard to hear. I recognize the source in the pads in the intro, but nothing beyond that. I think you need more source. I've working with this source myself, I know there are melodies to be drawn from it. Find yourself a lead melody from source.

Overall, it's a good start. Has a great sound, and great potential.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you intend to make it longer :razz:

Anyway, maybe it's my extreme love for bass, but you're missing a lot of it, it seems. The strong point of the original was to have to dark, brooding chords as kind of a dirge for Termina. Right now, it just sounds really "thin."

I do like what you have done on it... there's just a great big hole where the depth should be.