Boss Fight much?

Dash Myoku

syjk

Well, this was made for a friends Zelda fan-game. I know it's not very "Zelda-like," but he likes it anyways.

Everything about the track is fine for me...up til the ending section. It makes it sound too much like it's ending and the fight will last longer than 2:35. So, any ideas or suggestions on drawing out the track? I've gone with the idea of no section repeating itself. Is this a good thing, or should I nix the idea?

Sorry about the audio quality, I'm crap when it comes to that sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

The track sounded very much like Zelda until it passed the :30 sec mark. :)

It makes it sound too much like it's ending and the fight will last longer than 2:35.

Now this is what I agree with, the track sounds very game-orienated (not Zelda orienated ) but game-orienated, so for the genre this composition has headed in the right direction.

1:04 through 1:36 is too repetitive I suggest extracting section's 1:26 through 1:36. I like the drumroll at 1:37 sounds good. The ending however is a little to abrupt, maybe you should consider fading-out. (Your preference.)

Sorry about the audio quality, I'm crap when it comes to that sort of thing.

You can use iTunes to convert audio quality or any other convertor, but 128kbit is just fine for internet streaming.

Overall production is fine, so is the arrangement. Biggest problem is the repetitiveness, but generally speaking that's about it. Nice job!

Pretty nice boss theme.

I like the fast-paced opening. It throws you right into the fight. Though some parts get a little repetitive, there is plenty of variety and the song stays interesting the whole time.

As for the short length, you could just try getting to a certain point and then loop it back to an earlier part. I think that is what the majority of boss theme's do anyway.

Overall this sounds pretty nice. I could easily see it in a video game.