Duck Tales - Moonlight Sonata ('The Moon' Remix)

Mordi

• 1 month later...

That left hand is incredibly mechanical, I'd work on humanization of it.

Up to 1:48 the arrangement is remarkable close to the source. In fact, on the whole the arrangement is way too close to the source.

2:56 really stands out, so I hope that the orch hit effect there is going to be reworked into a transition to something that varies the energy level and arrangement.

Second half doesn't feel tightly fit together as a soundscape. The lack of driving percussion in the second half makes it feel like a lifeless rehash of what you've established in the first. Balancing sounds alright, if not stellar.

Hope some of that helped.

Man, I can listen to any version of this song thrown at me, it's practically gold as source material.

I like how you slowed it down and turned it into a nice piano ballad. I do think you need to record your piano track because there's just too many notes to try to humanize it all and you don't combine the piano with any essential effects, so.

I don't like how you tried to get more mileage out of the melody by simply changing the lead instrument and adding modulation (which was annoying after the nice piano section). This song's been done so many times that you'll have to come up with some original notes for it to stand a chance.

Otherwise, nice work so far.