k-wix's first album: preview it now ^_^

k-wix

I haven't been very active on the website or in the community in general lately and I wanted to say sorry to all the peeps who dropped me messages that i just didn't respond to. I've been super-busy life-wise lately and just haven't had lots of time to dedicate to mixing, but thats slowly changing... so i've been working on an album on and off for quite awhile now. This has been a pretty big deal to me for quite awhile, i want it to be good :) Anyway, i've got about 5 songs done, when i originally started my goal was 8.. im still trying for that goal, its been unexpectedly hard. I kinda wanted some form of a preview to see if i could get any minor feedback or possibly generate some excitement/comments - which might work to inspire me to finish it. (something i desperately need.) I've come so far already i think it'd be silly not to.. but im really having some troubles lining out the last few tracks.. so any comments you can give would be great.

Here's a link to the preview:

http://kwix.shackspace.com/kwixalbumpreview.mp3

For the record, this is the first time (im pretty sure) i've ever released anything that ISN'T a remix to the community, most of the album is original work, but i most definitely plan on including some video game references. fans of metroid will *immediately* pick up on a few of the previews. (i've wanted to do a metroid mix since forever)

And to anyone who comments - Thanks.

-Dustin

Sounding pretty good to me.

Although, on the first song, I'm hearing this clicking on my right headphone that appears in no other song. It seems so unintentional that I wonder if the problem's on my end!

I like a really melodic sound, don't care much for ambiance or anything along those lines. This sounds melodic enough not to alienate me and the sound quality is good too.

The only criticism I have is that I want to know where that last song was going. Mostly because it felt like the only thing that was really moving was the main melody, and I wanted to hear what else would start moving. Things were moving before the main melody, it just felt like they all stood still so I could hear it.

Great work. Looking forward to it.

Although, on the first song, I'm hearing this clicking on my right headphone that appears in no other song. It seems so unintentional that I wonder if the problem's on my end!

It's there, I hear it too.

I get this "hollywood trailer music meets trance"-vibe, which unfortunately doesn't hold that much appeal to me personally, but nevermind that! I like the first clip.. I want to eventually hear the full version of that. I also like the metroid intro thing. So chop-chop, finish up!

--Eino

I like the first clip.. I want to eventually hear the full version of that. I also like the metroid intro thing. So chop-chop, finish up!

--Eino

Thanks, that's one of the primary ones im currently working on, the vocal snippets have been fun to record, but i find myself having problems on where to take it. Progression is definitely slow, but eventually i'll figure something out - i have a few ideas. The Metroid one is done :)