Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place (house remix)

Radiowar

This is a sort of rough version of Everything In Its Right Place by Radiohead done in a sort of Deadmau5 electro house style. If nothing else it was a chance for me to learn some new things in Sytrus and about making house in general...

Everything In Its Right Place remix

edit: it's finished

please don't all rush to comment at once

Ha, Deadmau5, at the very least I like where your head is on this one.

Listening to it, its not bad. Where did you get the acapella, or did you not? I would have liked a fatter bassline though, I like the actual sequencing on it as-is though. The snare is also a little too phased/not punchy enough. I love the breakouts that happen at places like 3:56 though where everything builds before falling back.

I actually like this a lot. The harmony that the main riff you made and the main riff that radioHEAD made goes really well together.

I would say that the kick drum doesn't have as much kick as it should; kinda gets lost in the lower frequencies. Try and put in some higher-end sounds to go with kick drum a tad more. Maybe even sidechain compress the kick or do it a bit more if you already are doing it.

The snare also sounds really weird. I'm thinking it sounds like you layered two of the same snare sound for that extreme flanging sound thats going on. If not, I would at least say try and add another, more prominent snare over it.

I also really like the high-end windstorm effect you put in there for transitions. Has a really interesting timbre.

Altogether I would have to say that this is a really good and fun song.