Megaman Battle Chip Challenge - Chillin' After the Fight

Nav

This is a little deep house WIP I threw together for fun.

http://vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gba/mmbcc_DeckEdit_Blue.mid is the midi I used. Its pretty simple, as you can see.

I took the chord progression and added some 9ths and 11ths for a bit of jazzy-ness, then I just fit the rest of the track around it.

Later in the song, I added 4 bars of my own arrangement to the 4 existing bars, and I adapted the melody to fit. I think its got a decent groove, and I like how it turned out.

Now, I'm looking for advice, I want to see what you all think.

So, Nav - Chillin' After the Fight: http://cid-07151f10fc68dde6.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Megaman%20BCC%20Deck%20Selection|_2.mp3

EDIT: Updated Version: http://cid-07151f10fc68dde6.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/MMBCCMaster.mp3

Thanks! I'm going away this weekend, and when I get back on Sunday, I'll check all the advice. :)

The bass sounds great. The kick and snare sound incredibly n00by. Nav, what were you thinking? They sound sort'a ok when there's other stuff going on, but bare as they are in the intro and the mid break... there they don't.

Source is there, and methinks it's interpreted enough in the remix.

I like the overall feel of this track, it's relaxing. A bit too repetitive, the mallet melody over and over again (starts at 0:35 the first time) gets pretty repetitive really quickly. I got tired of it during my first listen. Do something more exciting with it, like change octaves, move it around, change the melody, have it mimic another track, do something else with it.

Deep house, you say? I like it.

The bass sounds great. The kick and snare sound incredibly n00by. Nav, what were you thinking? They sound sort'a ok when there's other stuff going on, but bare as they are in the intro and the mid break... there they don't.

Well, I was just using 808 samples... I guess I could process some more, but I don't know what more you could be looking for in a house song, other than the samples which started the genre.

I like the overall feel of this track, it's relaxing. A bit too repetitive, the mallet melody over and over again (starts at 0:35 the first time) gets pretty repetitive really quickly. I got tired of it during my first listen. Do something more exciting with it, like change octaves, move it around, change the melody, have it mimic another track, do something else with it.

Mallet melody? I'll change it around, sure. It was meant to be a background thing, but I guess it somehow infiltrated its way into the foreground to command attention. XD

Deep house, you say? I like it.

Thanks man! :)