*NO* Super Metroid 'Behind the Visor'

djpretzel

Err... Hello, Mr. Pretzel.

My name is Joe Clapis, I'm 14, and I'm kinda new to the system. I just made a 'ReMix' from Super Metroid. I figured what the heck, I'd send it to you and see what you thought. If this makes it to the actual site, my callsign is Alpha Omega. I have some logos on my site, which you are free to take if there's some sort of biography section.

Site:

Here's some info on it, but you can get what you need from the ID3 tag.

Title: Behind The Visor

Game: Super Metroid

Length: 3:02

Bitrate: 160 kbps

Size: 3.64 Mb

Format: MP3

ReMix of: Samus's Theme, Brinstar Theme, Opening Music

Thanks for your time!

----Joe "The Vector Kid" Clapis

Right off the bat, it sounds pretty thin and there's a good share of noise in the recording.

The arrangement is pretty cool. I like what you did with the short eight seconds of the original. The little interjection of the titlescreen's song was pretty neat about halfway through.

The drums seem lacking to me. They just don't seem to carry this mix like they should.

Some of the sounds are a bit GM-ish, but nothing too too bad. In particular, I didn't like the flute. The strings seemed to have a bit too sharp of an attack, as well.

The mix really kills it, though. It sounds very very thin. Try EQing it a bit to bring out the sound, because this could have some real potential if you pulled it off better.

NO

This is totally not Super Metroid, but whatever.

This basically follows the melodic arangement sequence of the SSBM mix of this song.

Really dont like the flute. maybe with some reverb and bass support.

A few cool ideas presented here, but they aren't developed.

I would like to see it longer and ... maybe... some supermetroid songs in it? Or just change the file to Regular Metroid.

NO