A little 8-bit tune.

jdyi - With Reverb

qlob - Without Reverb

yyqc - Real-ish Version

Something I just wrote one day. As is, I like what I have, but I'd like to make it progress some more. Is there anything any of you would like to hear out of this track?

And don't complain that it's 8-bit. 8-bit is awesome...and even so, I'll be working on a real-ish version when I get this one completed.

o.o

Oh, I didn't realize...I'm so behind the OCR times. So thanks Audix...even though it's late. ^^;

And thanks Therapsid, I didn't really have a set theme in mind when I made this, I just kinda went with the flow. I wish I could think of something else to help progress the track, though.

I also have a real-ish version of it, but apparently, I didn't bother posting it. lol

You definitely get points in my book for going 8-Bit :-P.

It sounds like the great evil overlord is pacing to and fro in his dark castle hallways, brandishing a sacrificial dagger. The percussive kick-in near the end is really cool. The ending is abrupt though. Is it supposed to have a looping point back at about after the intro? In its current form it'd be good for a short cut-scene music. Not really sure how to expand that into a bigger song though - most chiptune music I've heard lasts about as long as your song in its current form, or loops back and ends up being watered and overly long.

8-bit:

Awesome, I love writing 8-bit tunes. They're fun and I can usually make 'em decent, if not awesome. As for your little description about the track, I like it. I never thought of it that way, but I will now. And yeah, it'll have a looping point, I just wanted to add another section or two before I make it loop back. With the one or two new sections, it'll probably end up being around 2:30, but that's just an estimate.

Overcoat:

I got that impression too, actually. You could say I took some influence from Team Rockets Hideout theme, cause that was an awesome tune.

As for the reverb, I can take that out. And by real-ish, I mean that it'll have real-ish instruments, as opposed to being just 8-bit. I'm not sure how to make .nsf files. If you know how, perhaps you can talk me through and I'll make one. :D

I'll go ahead and take the reverb out and post that...and I might as well post the other version of it, even though it's not much different.

As for the reverb, I can take that out. And by real-ish, I mean that it'll have real-ish instruments, as opposed to being just 8-bit. I'm not sure how to make .nsf files. If you know how, perhaps you can talk me through and I'll make one. :D

http://ekid.nintendev.com/nes.htm

currently the best way

you'll need modplug tracker :3 but that's okay because modplug is cool