Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 'Sad Monster'

Barium

I really love the soundtrack to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, it has such a different sound than the other Final Fantasies. So I tried to do an orchestral rearrangement of the music from the last boss fight, the song called "Sad Monster."

So, without further ado, here is Monster's Ball.

I'd love any and all comments and advice, please, I really want to improve.

Completely slipped my mind that I could find the original on youtube, so go ahead and give that a listen if you'd like a reference.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AwMzq0PyCiI

It has an overall clear sound, perhaps a little too clear. Consider widening the sound of the strings by having different strings play the same thing. You'll get a richer sound and not change the harmonies. Or perhaps that's exactly what you should do, add notes so there's chords rather than single notes. See what works best.

Source is there, so's interpretation. The arrangement is great, imo, tho the middle sections might be a bit too repetitive. Some variation in the percussion writing would be nice. The percussion is also a little weak, lacks bass. The hits in the end are especially weak, see if you can add a lower bass, drum, low strings, or just EQ it. Dunno what would work best, so experiment. Take a backup before making any big changes tho.

Overall, this is very promising, could get on OCR some time.

Overall, this is very promising, could get on OCR some time.

Agreed.

It does sound a little too clear. It's obvious that it's synth, and I think that distracts from it a bit.

If you are willing, perhaps a collab or at least some live instruments performed by one of our various live performers? There's a list around here somewhere... But the point is, a few tweaks to your music combined with some real pan-pipes or something might add a lot to the remix.

Thanks for the tips, I've got a lot to do right now but I'm hoping to be able to work on it again shortly. That version was mainly for arrangement critiques, I haven't put too much time into production yet. Probably should have specified that. But I'll get some work done on it soon.