Help me make a better youtube.

Nekofrog

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qGW8N8Jx3x0

This is the video for my ChronoTrigger battle theme remix. Now, as I peruse the youtube videos of other people's works (including covers of songs, VG or otherwise), they seem to have one thing in common: the audio quality isn't compressed to a complete and total shit tastic bitrate.

How do I encode a video for youtube to make it not sound like shit?

I think I heard something before about uploading videos already coverted in .flv format, which means that Youtube doesn't need to convert your work to shit. I don't know the details going about that, or if you can even do it. Sooo...yeah. ¯\(°_o)/¯

• 4 weeks later...

You encode the video file to .flv format, yes but there's some extra things you have to do. Details, if you will.

First of all, I've noticed that youtube will neglect all of your hard work if the file is over 10 megs. Might be different now since it's been a while since I've uploaded.

Secondly, the audio bit rate set at 128, and video bit rate at 98 iirc. Yes, the video quality will suck donkey balls but you're doing it for the audio, right? Also make sure the audio is set to stereo.

I forget if there's more to it than that but those are the basic guildline rules to it. I checked out the 2 videos I posted on youtube that were true stereo and uploaded to load as such and they still do so for me. Sometimes you will have to add that &fmt=18 code to the url to make it work though; experiment a little.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vayshen

The chrono trigger improv and mario galaxy pieces are true stereo