OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

The server has been updated to Metamod: Source 1.8 and Sourcemod 1.3.

Report any problems you see with them.

Edit: I reinstalled a missing extension: RunTeamLogic, which we use to increase the amount of players per team in Arena mode.

I also updated the SDKHooks extension, which is used by the HLStatsx plugin.

My observations so far is that Admins have less menus than before (5 instead of 8?), but I couldn't say which ones aren't there. I could find everything I looked for (including things added by plugins like SprayTracer and our custom menus which include ScrambleTeams), so maybe I'm just misremembering.

Actually, it looks like the SprayTracer commands were merged into an existing menu, so that may be what I missed.

can you enable the new sourcemod cvar that shows how many have voted for each map in an rtv in a hint message

that was a really nice thing in beetlesmod

I think I've enabled both the hintbox and console versions (that's assuming console is the server console, as there's also a client_console one).

so i apparently got (perma)banned for destroying my own sapper a buncha times

im not exactly sure how thats even remotely close to an exploit being that its been in tf2 since forever and theres even a hlstats event tied to removing your own sapper (-2 points just like adding one is +2)

its a fun way to distract an engineer

im not exactly sure how thats even remotely close to an exploit being that its been in tf2 since forever and theres even a hlstats event tied to removing your own sapper (-2 points just like adding one is +2)

I fail to see how this is a bannable offense. It's more or less equivalent to an Engineer building and destroying the same structure over and over.

The folks over at Mega64 has asked if they can use Red as a base of operations until they get thier own server up. If anyone has a problem with that, lemme know.

Who?

I fail to see how this is a bannable offense. It's more or less equivalent to an Engineer building and destroying the same structure over and over.

and its not like the sounds overlap for the engineer

he just says spy sapping ... over and over one after the other, so its a few times

being that you guys seem to just LOVE that annoying overtime nag i dont see how this is any different from that

well basically it came down to garian saying he banned me because he doesnt like me

partiality is a wonderful thing

The folks over at Mega64 has asked if they can use Red as a base of operations until they get thier own server up. If anyone has a problem with that, lemme know.

Isn't Mega64 the group that does video game parodies in real life? I remember them doing a skit of an overweight man pretending to be Altair from Assassin's Creed. Are we thinking of the same people?

http://mega64.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega64

Is that them?

I'm surprised, I figured you'd be banned for voteban abuse.

I'm surprised, I figured you'd be banned for voteban abuse.

if you mean !voteban i dont ever do that anymore (i think ive only ever even done it twice to shrubbery for refusing to heal me)

if you mean the in chat voteban that requires like 15 people to type it too i used to do that as jokes but you guys got so insulted! so i havent done anything like that since me and brushfire stopped having our issues

if you mean !voteban i dont ever do that anymore (i think ive only ever even done it twice to shrubbery for refusing to heal me)

if you mean the in chat voteban that requires like 15 people to type it too i used to do that as jokes but you guys got so insulted! so i havent done anything like that since me and brushfire stopped having our issues

Really? I had a report that you were doing one of the two (the person didn't say which) just last week.

Really? I had a report that you were doing one of the two (the person didn't say which) just last week.

when people complain and whatnot about things its usually much better to check logs or request a demo (i record demos of every single map i play and would be happy to provide any of them) than to take their word for it

either way no one said anything to me about anything and the reason that garian banned me was because of the sappers (+he doesnt like me) and nothing else, and for THAT i can provide both logs and a demo

by the way i know that checking logs is pretty much the most annoying thing in the world which is the main reason i record demos in the first place

when people complain and whatnot about things its usually much better to check logs or request a demo (i record demos of every single map i play and would be happy to provide any of them) than to take their word for it

either way no one said anything to me about anything and the reason that garian banned me was because of the sappers (+he doesnt like me) and nothing else, and for THAT i can provide both logs and a demo

by the way i know that checking logs is pretty much the most annoying thing in the world which is the main reason i record demos in the first place

Ah, yes, logs. Here's what they say about the incident I mentioned earlier.

L 02/03/2010 - 00:56:31: "atmuh<2133><STEAM_0:0:16969216><Blue>" say "voteban IJ"

and

L 02/03/2010 - 00:57:44: "atmuh<2133><STEAM_0:0:16969216><Blue>" say "voteban IJ"

ok fine that was 5 days ago

nothing was said to me ingame to not do that or anything and no one said anything to me later

i dont see how thats "abuse" of the voteban command being that i typed it twice and thats it

sure if i spammed it thatd be another story

ive seen other people type votekick/voteban before and i dont see how thats any different from this

if typying voteban is "abusing" the voteban command then just remove the command because you obviously dont want people typing it then

this is also, once again, not what i was banned for in the first place

ok fine that was 5 days ago

nothing was said to me ingame to not do that or anything and no one said anything to me later

i dont see how thats "abuse" of the voteban command being that i typed it twice and thats it

sure if i spammed it thatd be another story

ive seen other people type votekick/voteban before and i dont see how thats any different from this

if typying voteban is "abusing" the voteban command then just remove the command because you obviously dont want people typing it then

this is also, once again, not what i was banned for in the first place

That's just the one (actually two) times I know about.

No, seriously, there's at least 3 admins who you manage to piss off on a regular basis, and frankly, I think you've finally been given a well-deserved timeout.

And actually, I don't have to find a reason. Trolling is against the rules, listed right in the MOTD.

That's just the one (actually two) times I know about.

No, seriously, there's at least 3 admins who you manage to piss off on a regular basis, and frankly, I think you've finally been given a well-deserved timeout.

go ahead look for me doing that more times i guarantee youll find barely any if any at all

and as far as pissing off admins, what the heck do i do

i barely ever talk or type ingame

i usually just join and play and thats it

ive many times been willing to put our past issues behind us but you guys like to pull them back out all the time and what do you expect me to do

i mean i cant count how many times that ive been saying things in the ocrtf2 channel and someones come out with YEAH BUT YOU SPAMMED OUR ANNOUNCEMENTS yeah ok that was how many months ago come on

and then after you guys constantly telling me that i take the game way too seriously and that i "hate fun" i go and have a little fun with sappers and then i get banned for THAT i mean come on what do you want from me

and how am i trolling

I was gonna update HLStatsX CE tonight, but apparently there's some problem with ocrtf2.com right now and I can't access it.

I had to reboot the machine earlier following a core update, and the machine is probably stuck at a "Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue." error like it was earlier this week.

Seriously, why would the hosting center have that enabled on a server machine in the first place?

As far as what you did to get banned, and what you do to piss admins off, a lot of it stems from perceptions of how you act on the forums. Your insistance on using lowercase letters is annoying, your constant passive aggressive whining angers mods, and your playing the victim when someone drops the ban hammer is just childish.

Personally my only beef with you is you telling me how to do my job.

I don't like that, but we have moved on from that, so no need to revisit it.

The thing is, when you first came back from your banning waaaaaay back in 08ish timeframe, you were fine. You were respectful, and did a lot to help the OCR TF2 community. Then something in your brain snapped and you became an insurmountable douche for what appeared like no reason (though I suspect that mini 4chan board you frequent had something to do with it).

Now to the task at hand. You were banned for griefing, and the offense was you placing and then immediatly destroying a sapper. Doing so caused another regular to complain, and as you turn off voice, you did not hear the warning that was given to you by Garian. We have been discussing this and most admins agree that turning off voice is not an excuse. Ignorance of the Law doesn't keep people from trouble. I have my problems with you, but I would personally lift your ban if you would apoligize to Garian.

Seriously, that's all you have to do.

I have said my peace on the matter.