OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

thats debatable

except for spy at least

and as far as votescrambling there are some people like me and a couple of admins that will pretty much never votescramble or force a scramble regardless of whether were on the team rolling or the team getting rolled

there really shouldnt be a problem with people like that as they dont care and just wanna play

FWIW, I think the reason people don't try for scrambles is because RTV is easier. Either that or they forget scramble exists. (Guilty...)

haha are you saying pyros are actually useful medic targets

Compared to Scouts, Snipers, and Spies? Damn straight. Especially when Ubered, or maybe Kritzkrieged if Lady Luck smiles on you.

i think it would cause unnecessary drama to name names here, but some people will always, always votescramble if their team loses 2 rounds in a row but never do it if they're rolling 6-0.

i votescramble pretty much every round regardless of who is winning or whether or not it is balanced

I say "bodyshawt?!?!?" the same way I go "facestab?!?!?!". When I do it, I'm just poking fun, really. God knows, I suck enough at sniper I really have no business telling the enemy team to L2P.

One of my roommates consistently bodyshots, actually. He blames it on his Army training - he naturally goes for the center of mass.

is 'bodyshot?!!?' rly funny or is it just another passive aggressive attempt to say the person that killed you is bad LOL????????

it was/is a meme that actually started about a year ago at one of my announcer nights on spengboob

muse (someone whos banned from here but goes to remod still) had a really great way of screaming BODYSHOT when he was our announcer and eventually i said man we gotta get a recording of this so i can play it whenever i want so i did (one of these days i need to get the demo of that match waaay back when and put that one segment on youtube)

but yeah since then people play that wav or do their own imitation of it do be funny although after a while it got pretty annoying and i was sorry that i ever posted that wav on the internet way back when!

there were actually a few servers that had it on the servers themselves and itd play when you got a bodyshot kill for a while

sorta related but not really

bodyshots are definitely the most annoying thing with random damage on because they have no falloff so if youre playing with the spread off you know EXACTLY how much damage youll do even before you click no matter what

bodyshots should be weaker tbh

Bodyshots aren't that powerful unless the sniper has been zoomed in for a while. While zoomed in, they move at 20% of their normal speed, making them easy targets to certain other attacks (other snipers, spies, direct hit shots...)

Ambassador doesn't do extra damage (in fact does less) compared to the Revolver, so that's moot. The Huntsman is supposed to be a closer-combat alternative, so I actually think the body shots should do slightly, ever so slightly, more damage, and the headshots should only be minicrits.

Ambassador doesn't do extra damage (in fact does less) compared to the Revolver, so that's moot. The Huntsman is supposed to be a closer-combat alternative, so I actually think the body shots should do slightly, ever so slightly, more damage, and the headshots should only be minicrits.

I thought the Ambassador did the same amount of damage as the Revolver, but it fires slower.

The Huntsman's main disadvantage is that you can't instantly fire it... it takes a second to pull the arrow back first.

I thought the Ambassador did the same amount of damage as the Revolver, but it fires slower.

The Huntsman's main disadvantage is that you can't instantly fire it... it takes a second to pull the arrow back first.

The Ambassador has -15% power, -20% fire speed compared to the vanilla Revolver.

the ambassador is fine because the cooldown between headshots takes a while if you wanna headshot twice you need to wait a decent amount and as far as regular hits the combat text really shows how WEAK it is compared to the regular revolver

im not exactly sure why people use the huntsman anymore

its basically just like playing demoman except your pipes have zero splash damage so why not just play demoman so you have more health and can also use stickies

snipers usually arent a help to the team but huntsman snipers are even less of a help

the prediction and trajectory thats involved in the arrows in incredibly similar to aiming pipes

sure they can headshot but have you SEEN how much direct pipes do?

they do ~100 which is a heck of a lot more than an uncharged bodyshot from an arrow

charging shots as a sniper is just a waste of time

youll find that the snipers that spend the least amount of time charging and much more of their time aiming before they scope, scoping, and then immediately headshotting are the snipers that are the really good ones

the only class you should really ever charge for is a heavy