Looking for gymnastics routine music

Geoffrey Taucer

It's that time of year again, the time when I need to find music for my girls to do their floor routines to. I'll take suggestions from you guys if you have them, and if I end up using music that you wrote/arranged, I'll do my best to get a video of the routine and send it your way.

One main requirement: NO VOCALS. None at all. Not even oohs and aahs.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1. Orchestral + electronic beat. Think along the lines of the theme from MGS.

2. Cute, bouncy music. Think Marry Poppins (in fact if you can tell me where to find non-vocals versions of the music from mary poppins, that would be great)

3. Disney movie music, or music in that style. And I mean old disney, not shitty hannah montanna shitty disney pop. Aladdin, Jungle Book, etc. If anybody can tell me where to find non-vocal versions of disney music (that isn't just a shitty midi render), I would greatly appreciate it.

Youre a gymnastics coach? This killed my image of you. As far as music, I cant think of anything but Im sure Ill come across something in my arsenal. And as far as the disney thing goes, its one of those times that google fails you. All I can tell you is that my STUPID sister went through my shit last week and threw out a vinyl of the Aladdin OST w/o words. God I cant wait to leave in 4 days.

the cutsy aspect is overplayed in my opinion.

I am going to reference this website as a whole but here are a few you might want to consider.

Lunatic Moon from VoTL i think suits something you could use. High energy very fast paced. A bit guitar heavy but very very good.

Nomura Limit VoTL is another that i can recommend.

Maybe mixing that with Full frontal Assault from VoTL. Once again guitar heavy.

Motor Crazycycle. will be challenging to match properly but after 55 seconds its picks up.

Though one that would fully fit your Scenario is Valse Aeris. Aeris's theme put to a Waltz. While the general music is overdone this is one of the more imaginative mixes.

Also Times of Distortion.

I might also consider The Masamune From Orchestral CT Torrent. Not an offical OC remix but an exceptional one.

would consider also FF Crystal Rave and Hardcore. Rave by Nines Hardcore by Hudson.

All of what Reuben Kee has done.

You would have to edit it somewhat but brainsick metal by protricity kicks off fast and drops the hammer till the final tone.

Panzer Dragoon Orta: More than a weapon has a bit more run up to the kick off point. Though there is some voice work that i think was a direct part of the game. Uncertain.

Plenty more here :) Just gotta listen

i think these could work for you

for the orchestral and electronic mgs thing

http://www.imeem.com/lilfilipina/music/yNP7G5nV/

(a bit dark - but i think that's the style)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Oc0GWsaQg

(more flowing - instead of electronic you get percussion - but very stealthy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCuFtkhbU9I

(this is the dramatic one - would be very cool)

here's your cutsy one

(could there be anything better???)

and if you could accept some vocals - i would totally suggest this

http://audio.isg.si/audiox/?q=node/24015

(i could see some craziness going on during this)

the cutsy aspect is overplayed in my opinion.

We're talking about girls between 7 and 9 years old. Of course cutesy is done a lot.

Lunatic Moon from VoTL i think suits something you could use. High energy very fast paced. A bit guitar heavy but very very good.

Nomura Limit VoTL is another that i can recommend.

Maybe mixing that with Full frontal Assault from VoTL. Once again guitar heavy.

Motor Crazycycle. will be challenging to match properly but after 55 seconds its picks up.

These are all far too mature for any of my girls. Some of these would work well for a college gymnast, but the oldest girl I need routine music for right now is 12.

Though one that would fully fit your Scenario is Valse Aeris. Aeris's theme put to a Waltz. While the general music is overdone this is one of the more imaginative mixes.

Also Times of Distortion.

I might also consider The Masamune From Orchestral CT Torrent. Not an offical OC remix but an exceptional one.

These aren't quite energetic enough for a routine. They would work well for dance, but not for tumbling.

would consider also FF Crystal Rave and Hardcore. Rave by Nines Hardcore by Hudson.

All of what Reuben Kee has done.

You would have to edit it somewhat but brainsick metal by protricity kicks off fast and drops the hammer till the final tone.

Panzer Dragoon Orta: More than a weapon has a bit more run up to the kick off point. Though there is some voice work that i think was a direct part of the game. Uncertain.

Been awhile since I've heard any of these. I'll take a look.

Audio fidelity: the first three are two mellow, but I'll run Rikku's theme by the other coaches. Might be a little too fast-paced, but we'll see what everybody else thinks.

upbeat, orchestral, electronic, and stealthy.

i was trying to find something in the xenosaga ost's. this isn't exactly mgs but it might fit the bill.

http://www.imeem.com/cren3856/music/oObjcKEZ/yuki_kajiura_chase/

and you could just go straight to the source. this is something you could really cut up and utilize all the parts for the routine.

http://www.imeem.com/nomed89/music/4wx850YV/konami_metal_gear_solid_main_theme_metal_gear_solid_3_ver/