Which kind of paint?

Some Dewd

Does anyone know which kind of paint is used to modify video game consoles that will not crack or wear away easily?

I'm looking to paint my PlayStation console but don't know a thing about that kind of paint. I'd like some information on which is best in terms of cost, durability and where to purchase.

Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks friends!

Krylon is your pal. Granted, I haven't tried the new formula (ovid shaped cap) but it should work the same.

Remember! Scuff sand it, tack-cloth it(give it some time so the tackiness goes away), prime it (not necessary but ensures the paint will stick), spray it, (wet-sand it IF you think the film looks too thick [if it is, tack it then spray again]), then put a clear coat on it (gloss for shine). Enjoy your new looking console.

I made my GC look like an Xbox by painting it black, making the Xbox logo on the circle black thing, changed all the leds to green, had the unsed ports emit green leds and had the Xbox logo light up. It was a fun project to kill time and cost next to nothing (green/red leds are A LOT cheaper than blue leds).

Krylon is your pal. Granted, I haven't tried the new formula (ovid shaped cap) but it should work the same.

Remember! Scuff sand it, tack-cloth it(give it some time so the tackiness goes away), prime it (not necessary but ensures the paint will stick), spray it, (wet-sand it IF you think the film looks too thick [if it is, tack it then spray again]), then put a clear coat on it (gloss for shine). Enjoy your new looking console.

I made my GC look like an Xbox by painting it black, making the Xbox logo on the circle black thing, changed all the leds to green, had the unsed ports emit green leds and had the Xbox logo light up. It was a fun project to kill time and cost next to nothing (green/red leds are A LOT cheaper than blue leds).

This is a very helpful post. Most people don't want to go through the hassle of priming it, but it will turn out that much better if you do. I'd suggest a spray paint, try to stay away from the cheaper types because you do get what you pay for.