Antipode - Superscape

Antipode

Hey all! It's been a year and I haven't been posting as often, but I've been just as busy. I've been posting preview sets in WIP:O for the last few months of an album I've been working on called "Superscape". Well it's taken forever, but that album is finally done! So here it is:

SUPERSCAPE

SuperscapeSite-full.jpg

(Hi-res album box art, including the front cover, is available here)

This has been in the works since somewhere around September of last year and I think I can finally say I'm done with it. It's 54 minutes and a lot of different styles, so maybe you'll find something you like! Each song has a good number of interesting style mashups and a moody atmosphere. My main point was to mash together a natural-sounding feel with a really synthetic-sounding, artificial feel. I'm thinking it sounds a lot more complex than Antechamber (my previous album), but whether it's better or not is up to you, since the style is very different.

All that said, it's free, so you have nothing to lose except 54 minutes! You can download it from my main site at http://antipodemusic.googlepages.com (click the Spotlight dealy on the right) - and I'd love to hear what you all think about it, since it was pretty much joining this site and listening years ago that inspired me to get into independent music and get to where I am now.

By the way, I just totally redesigned my site from the ground up, so it should be much easier to cruise around. Just sayin'.

Happy listening!

Incidentally, I think I'm going to try and make my next project a remix, since after all this time I think I finally feel comfortable enough to submit one.

Awesome! I'm really glad you guys liked it. I know OCR doesn't really respond well to albums made by people who haven't remixed anything, but anything means a lot.

Incidentally, thanks Raptor! Part of my goal was to weird people out a bit (with a few bizarre styles and whatnot) so I'm glad you appreciate it!

I just put up a couple new singles on my site (you might have heard one of them already). I'll keep updating it as much as I can but Superscape is going to be my main project meat for a little while. After I finish making some sort of remix and maybe work on another personal project of mine, I'll get to work on a third album! That'll probably be done sometime next year.

Hey man, thanks for checkin' it out! Interesting - you're the second person to mention that a song I made sounds sorta like Orbital. Maybe I should listen to some of their stuff and see if I like it. I would have posted this over at VGMix too, but my forum account over there is locked for some reason and I have no idea who to talk to about that since I don't know that many people there.

Anyway, I miss the days of Vs Compo. Any idea when (if) it'll stop being a broken link (or is it already back somewhere else that I don't know about)?

Hey man, thanks for checkin' it out! Interesting - you're the second person to mention that a song I made sounds sorta like Orbital. Maybe I should listen to some of their stuff and see if I like it. I would have posted this over at VGMix too, but my forum account over there is locked for some reason and I have no idea who to talk to about that since I don't know that many people there.

Anyway, I miss the days of Vs Compo. Any idea when (if) it'll stop being a broken link (or is it already back somewhere else that I don't know about)?

Yeah i only post on the VGmix forums now and then too, although i do use my artist account frequently to upload all my best original and remixed tracks.

You should definatley check out some of Orbital's work. albums such as The Box, Snivilisation and The Altogether are well worth checking out as are their other albums.

Also if you can find it anywhere, the original single version of The Box is simply amazing.

I'll have a word with Jredd about the Vs compo on MSN, he is on most days and would know if any info has developed.

This is great, I have to say I was happy to see that you've come out with another album since I did like Antechamber as well. This in my opinion is even better, quite a few of the tracks "really stood out" to me, I think Transparent and In the Mist are my starting favorites but overall, I expect this album to be getting a lot of airtime over here :smile: .

• 2 months later...

Thanks ZealPath! Glad you like.

I just thought I'd bump this thread to mention that I've just put of a lossless FLAC copy of Superscape (and Antechamber as well) on their respective release pages, so download as you please!

Also, I might as well mention that in the months since Superscape was finished I've been working on a short concept EP called "Where Am I?" which will be done and released, hopefully, sometime next week!

By the way, would it be cool if a mod eventually moved this thread into WIP:O?

E: Sweet, thanks.