*NO* F-Zero 'Red Hot Tarmac'

djpretzel

dont really like the bells at the beginning.

the lead then drops way below it should be. all i hear is muddy guitar, bass and drums. WAAAY too repetitive because i cant hear the lead.

nice little fills and such. ah, i like the new synth at 2:35.

3:40, i love the background synths, but again i can barely hear them.

ok. i like this mix, but for now

NO

i'll change my vote to yes if you fix the first half of the song by bringing the lead way up. as it is the first half is boring. PLEASE make this change because i like the mix otherwise. it just seems like such an easy thing to adjust.

• 3 weeks later...

Mixing is a pretty big problem in the first half of the piece- the bass is way out front and everything else can barely be heard. This low mixing on the electric guitar also contributes to the first half just sounding "noisy" as well- it's like there's sustained white noise playing in the background.

The balance gets better in the second half, but the bass is still perhaps too prominent

Guitar playing seems to be behind the beat every now and then during its first riff as well.

This one is really borderline. If the mixing were fixed then maybe, but as is:

NO

1:45.... still waiting....

god, is it only two minutes in? Oh wait.. something happened..

Oh neat a key change.... :roll:

But seriously, i'm being a little rude... There are a few neat sections here

and there and all, but there's just not enough to justify it being as long

as it is... and it's not that long... That lead just isn't doing anything for me

either.. feels sloppy or something.. There are a few neat pads and all

in the background, but overall, i'm just left very bored and feeling

unrewarded for having listened to the entire thing.

NO

and dont just fade it out! :(

great subtractor patches. some nice tight and edgy sounds here. nice crunchy distortion on the guitar.

but i have to agree with the others, why is the lead buried in the first half? it needs to be louder and/or you need to make a patch that cuts through more.

musically this is a bit lacking in the development department. you may be able to get away with what you have here if you did more with the sounds. you know, like assign an lfo to modulate the env amount for the bass during sections and such. add remove layers of effects as the track progresses. and maybe take out some repeats, nearly 5 minutes is too long for what this track has to offer.

close but not quite, resubmit.

no