Memories Associated With OCR

Darth Lime

I remember somebody made a thread about how cool it would be to blast Da Pipes in a car stereo while bobbing your head to the beat... and it was fun to do just that once I got my own car.

You may have said that this wasn't a thread for how you discovered OCR but damn it those are memories tied to remixes, as well. My first mix was Soap and Water and I found it up on Kazaa after downloading some heavy metal remix of Bubble Man as well. I checked the ID3 tag and it mentioned http://remix.overclocked.org (I still really miss that url).

I really miss UnMod the most, though...

Reuben Kee's - "Ascension to Cosmo Canyon" was the first OCRemix that stood out profoundly to me. I was in a weird rut - a turmoil of sorts - yet here was this beautiful piece playing this enchanting melody, softly telling me to rise up from wherever I was and move forward (Cosmo Canyon was one of my favorite FF7 tracks, if not, my most favorite). Unfortunately, shortly after I heard of Reuben's death, and it also happening a week later when I found out about OCR, I felt a strange, overwhelming sadness welling up inside. I didn't really know the guy yet I was visibly saddened. But then a revelation occurred to me about living life in general, and I was able to mature as an individual in steps Reuben begun for me through his music. So whenever I hear "Ascension to Cosmo Canyon" and reminisce about that period in time, it reminds me how to cherish and value the life I have now as life can take a strange turn in events, for the good or the bad, to anyone. So instead of wallowing around confused, I aim to look ahead and understand myself and my surroundings more.