*NO* Goonies 2 'Old School'

djpretzel

Hey, I’ve been messing up your servers playing songs on repeat for a couple years now, and thought I may as well try to contribute… my song is called “old school” and can be found here:

or, if that didn’t work, just hit and download the first song you see.

When I uploaded the song, the id3v2 tags were probably not exactly to your specifications, but these can be fixed if necessary…the song is the important thing, right?

Just lemme know when ya get the track—thanks again.

dintendo

• 2 weeks later...

the bass is a little loud...there is some clipping. the drums sound....i'm not sure...a little tinny.

the bass does not change notes as it should. it stays on one note for four bars at a time, creating lots of dissonance.

this song repeats a helluva lot.

i'm bored 2 minutes in.

there are lots of cool sounds, but the ideas repeat too much and they dont develop.

its not bad, it is just too long and underdeveloped.

NO

dintendo asked me to fallthru this on the panel a while back, this was my response...

dintendo,

sorry chap, i'm not gonna post this on the panel because in my opinion, it doesn't have a chance of making it. it's identical to the original but with a subtractive sounds, a dancebeat, and a melody drop in the middle. it's too repetitive, also.

feel free to try one of the other judges though, maybe they'll put it up anyways. but it's my honest guess that it's just gonna be rejected. i'd suggest getting back to us when you have more to offer. take it easy.

he agreed for the most part with my assessment.

no