CT '600 AD' + FF4 'Theme of Love' on acoustic and electric guitar

Eino Keskitalo

I thought I'd post this for some WIP feedback. I made this for PRC130. I had an idea of including a bit from 600 AD theme from Chrono Trigger, and recorded it in the same go, but didn't include it in the compo version, as I was unsure if it was ok to use another source (and was apparently too lazy to check).

In any case, here's the link:

evktalo-600AD-ThemeofLove.mp3

Here's the submitted compo version:

Eino Keskitalo - Remebering Rosa.mp3

The WIP version is not mixed/mastered, the compo version is (with a friend). The final version would hopefully have (at least) the sound quality of the compo version. :)

I might not pick this up for a while, as I'm thinking the annoying, infuriating little clicks/noises I've got there require extensive rerecording.

Meanwhile, I'd like your opinions on the track! Especially your thoughts about the arrangement. Which version works better? Is the 600AD bit necessary? Are the pauses too numerous? It sort of fake-ends almost as many times as Return of the King, especially the 600AD version. Is it bad? Do the noises bother you?

Source for Theme of Love:

http://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/PRC130_themeoflove.mp3

And 600 A.D:

Cheers,

--Eino

600AD version does serve as a good intro.

What bothers me is how simple and empty it sounds. Dunno if it's a more clear lead I want, if it's more ambience, if it's a pad or something in the bg... something. Room reverb, maybe? A third guitar so you can put the lead in the center? Maybe it just needs to be mixed warmer?

It is pretty. Not sure I like the recording, not sure it could get onto the site. Since you've got a lot of pauses, you could re-record some of those sections. I've got a long list of wips to remix so I'm not gonna list the sections and which guitar might need re-recording, but they seem to be a little out of synch with each other at times, and at other times, you're muting notes, cutting into the melody.

Still, it's something OCR doesn't seem to have much of, so it's certainly worth working on. Good luck.