*NO* Super Metroid 'Brinstar in Distortion'

djpretzel

Hi there!

First of all, thank you for this wonderful site :)

And second of all I would like to submit a new remix. Hope you like..

/John a.k.a Pisces

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Express yourself with a super cool email address from BigMailBox.com. Hundreds of choices. It's free! http://www.bigmailbox.com

I might personally like this mix, but I don't think it fits on oc. First of all we have to wait a long long time because the intro is so long, and then the percussion that comes in isn't as rough and hard as the title and the intro would have you believe, in fact it's quite weak. The hard (er) percussion comes in more than half-way through the song. Nice sounds used, although the bassline is very repetitive.

NO

i like the fm sounds here, the bass, the pad. we get a cool beat at 4:40ish. the extreme reverb on the piano is sorta displeasing, but perhaps it was intentional.

what i don't like here is that this doesn't expand and develop on the original much, which is dissapointing. for this to be nearly 7 minutes long and still work, it has to provide some interesting variations on the theme.

no

i think some sounds are better than others. the bass in the beginning does not impress me, quality-wise.

similar to what the others said, this sounds good, but it doesnt go anywhere. the first...3 minutes had me. it was escalating, i figured this could be going somewhere. but it didnt go anywhere. it stayed at that level. make everything past 3 minutes more intense. BUILD

NO

also, some of the harmony lines bear an uncanny resemblance to "dreams in Red."