Star Fox 64 'Main Theme'

RemixedT

First and Foremost, the MIDI that was put in FL Studio to be orchestrated.

http://tmail21.googlepages.com/StarFox64MainTheme.MID

Next, the sheet music.

http://tmail21.googlepages.com/StarFox64MainTheme.mus

And finally, the Orchestrated version!

http://tmail21.googlepages.com/StarFox64MainThemeOrchestral.mp3

I used the Venom MIDI (from SSBM) to help me out on this one. It's basically an orchestration of the Star Fox 64 Main Theme. I edited it so that it sounds a lot like the N64 version instead of the SSBM version. I even made the end sound like the N64 version. I hope you like it. It's not my final version; I may edit it if you don't like it or you want me to edit it. :-)

But no flames. Flamers, talk to my hand, Handy!

Handy: Waka waka! :<

My next order of business is this; I can't think of a name for this if I submit it. Can anyone help me? :?

Your first two links are the same thing.

While you've done a decent enough job with making a coherent arrangement, every aspect of this sounds like straight midi.You've re-written absolutely nothing from the source tune that I can identify. Also, the arrangement you chose is way too close to the source. If you want something to orchestrate, take something that wasn't more or less orchestrated from the beginning.

Dude, read the Ownership, Arrangement and Production sections of this page.

You're not at a point where you need to worry about coming up with a name, this stuff is far from the level that OCR accepts. We can help you get there, tho, and here's what you need to do:

1 - Get better samples

2 - Arrange it so it's not a sound upgrade

I wish you luck.

Balance is horrible. Way too much snare drum and bass drum. Melody, countermelody, harmony, bassline, other parts. Remember that order. It's not a rule, but is a good guideline.

Stylistically, this piece is a march. Your performance doesn't reflect that. Now, it is possible to use this theme in a non-march style, but the arrangement here still sounds like a march. If the arrangement sounds like a march and the performance is not in march style, then you have a problem. Marches are usually more marcato in sound with a faster tempo than what you have here.

Dynamcis please.

To fix those things, study a little bit of music theory.

Not enough originality. Same chord structure and nonmelody parts as in the games. Melody instruments were changed, but that's it. This piece would fail to pass the judges on that mark alone.

How to fix this? Well, there isn't a magic formula, but think about the original piece. What do you like about it? What do you not like about it? Would it sound good in x style? Play with the piece.