Trouble Reinstalling Win XP From Vista64

Skummel Maske

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not ready for Vista 64 yet, so I'll be going back to Windows XP until the 64-bit world stabilizes. I'm not sure if I should keep Vista 64 and just do a dualboot, but I'm having trouble getting the installation started. There doesn't seem to be any "boot from cd" prompt when I'm starting up, does Vista have a new way of doing this or something?

To answer one of your questions. It's best not to dual boot vista with XP. Vista has a different way of handling partitions and it doesn't play nice with other OSes.

So, I'd suggest just reformatting completely and re-installing xp from scratch.

well what if you have them on different drives

hmm, not exactly an expert on that b/c when I downgraded from vista to xp it was on my single hdd laptop.

I had to reformat as well as change the drive type from like sata to nfts. If you have two different hard drives I imagine, you can have a different operating systems on each

Dual booting XP and Vista is fine, just ignore Broken. There are a few hundred how to guides no less.

Like these two

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_and_xp_with_vista_installed_first__the_stepbystep_guide.htm

http://www.syschat.com/dual-boot-vista-xp-vista-already-1946.html

If you have the room, give XP atleast 12GB, one of those suggests 4 or 6 which is retarded....